Squirrel repellent

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
We live in a country setting, lots of wild creatures. I'm looking for suggestions for keeping squirrel out of area they are not wanted. They have chewed up wiring under the house. They are not choosy, AC, audio, Cat 5, Coaxial they seem to like it all.

The biggest problem is they seem to like the flavor of Ford wiring harnesses. Last year they ate the wiring in my wife's Explorer to the tune of just under
$1000. Friday the check engine and ABS lights came on and the little
bas**turds are at it again.

I found a suggestion on the net that said moth balls would repel them but all that seems to do is make our vehicles smell like one of my grandmother's old sweaters.

I changed their diet this weekend to one with more heavy metal content and all is quiet for the moment butI don't know if that is the long term solution.

Any suggestions out there for keeping them out of the wiring.

the best targets are moving that's why I prefer iron sights :eek:

I have never heard of a squirrel causing any problems other animals yes but never squirrels

Last edited:
I have never heard of a squirrel causing any problems other animals yes but never squirrels

Fish, you have no clue as to the damage a squirrel can do if it gets into your home, trust me, I know !!

tree rats, that's all they are !!!!

It was pretty much an OK Coral weekend here. Unfortunately they were severely under weaponized.
I have never been a hunter so it was a bit creepy for me. I was a necessity to change their behavior though.

My interest was really finding something I could put under the hood to keep them from wanting to nest there.

Any of you up north interested in making squirrel mittens I could send you a dozen pairs worth. Maybe squirrel skin acoustic panels.

Bobcat urine does wonders for keeping Squirrel and Deer out of places you don't want them. Although I have never tried it under the hood of a car, might be a little musky.

I would think that a big, mean tomcat might keep them at bay....

~VDR

Bobcat urine does wonders for keeping Squirrel and Deer out of places you don't want them. Although I have never tried it under the hood of a car, might be a little musky.

Do you have to be a vet to get a Bobcat to go in a bottle? How many bandaids to you need to try it?

You need to borrow my dog. She loves squirrels and thinks they are delicious.

No not a vet, you just have to be crazy enough to follow them around with a sponge! Seriously, if you really want to try some Bobcat p--s, I have plenty of it. I have a 30 pound Bobcat that I have to clean up after about once a month. Usually I throw the pi-s out but for a ML club member, I will save some and send it to you.

This time of year squirrels are looking for a warm place to nest. I had a family of them in my attic last year. They chewed/clawed their way through my aluminum soffit, but luckily did not destroy any wires. I was able to seal the entry points, and haven't had any further "break-ins" (yet). If they are nesting in your crawl space, and you can't seal their entry, maybe this powdered fox urine might work...
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/shakeaway-squirrel-repellent-p-59733.html

Giants

Its on, like buttered popcorn. My Giants vs. the hated Eagles. NFC cold, windy, hard hitting, smash mouth football. Jacobs is healthy, thus the Giants will prevail.

Craig, if Kona wants to come out I will provide the K9 version of A1 sauce for her to spice them up.

JM, as much as I would like to see video of someone sponging up Bobcat urine and squeezing it into a bottle, I thank you for the offer, but Donna said she would rather have Alan's idea of dry Fox urine under her car.

Tube, I like the idea of a squirrel catapult, we have a bird feeder that gives the squirrels a bit of an electrical shock when they try to climb on it. I have had my share of jolts while trying to turn it off to refill it.

I have only seen one in the last 2 days. It headed for the woods the minute it saw me.

Back