vBulletin Blues...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
In the non-logged in state, you get presented with "Today's Posts". Good so far. Then login, and you get this option replaced with "New Posts" instead. This sucks badly. I just want to see today's posts whether I am logged in or not. Sometimes it means I have to log in and out quite a few times if I want to make a series of posts.

Just wanted to make the point, because it is annoying. Idiot programmers. I hate them:D!

That's it. I've had my rant. Not much of a thread. But the world can carry on and live in peace now. If only...:D

Why don't you always log in and use "New Posts" - that way you're only seeing posts that you have not yet seen. Why look at a post you've already seen - just because it was posted today?

Why should I have to be forced to "behave" in a certain way? I expect the s/w to be flexible enough to accomodate reasonable use i.e. always be able to easily see today's posts, whether I am logged in or not. And it doesn't let me do that.

Surely someone else has thought the same thing...

It's no huge big deal. It just annoys me.

Why should I have to be forced to "behave" in a certain way?

You shouldn't have to behave in a certain way at all. I'm just trying to point out that "New Posts" is a far more useful tool than "Today's Posts", right?

That, and that "New Posts" is obviously only available when you are logged in - otherwise it couldn't tell what you've read and what you haven't.

I don't care whether the posts are today's, yesterday's or the last hour's - if I haven't seen them I want to read them.

I just stumbled across the solution - After you are logged in, "Today's Posts" can still be found under the menu "Quick Links".

I just stumbled across the solution - After you are logged in, "Today's Posts" can still be found under the menu "Quick Links".

Pure genius. Well, maybe not, Adam, but only you noticed!. The programmers' were not so bad after all, then...

Now, picture sizing next:D

Actually, I remember having a good look for it before. So I reckon it's the upgrade we've had since that introduced it... even though, as you have said, the search still sucks...

there's a google search at the bottom of the page which you can use to search only the MLC site. This is meant to supplement the vBulletin search, which has limits....

there's a google search at the bottom of the page which you can use to search only the MLC site. This is meant to supplement the vBulletin search, which has limits....

Thanks Tom - this has been great on numerous occasions. It's just that the vBulletin search could be so powerful (eg. ability to search by username or particular threads/forums only, etc) if only they'd implement some simple boolean search logic!!

Back