The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post for Brad, maple finish Scintillas and Divas. I found it in the biggest planar speaker thread I've ever seen: http://www.1pekingroad.com/zaspx/replies.aspx?PageNo=1&topicsno=4&subjectno=1190&uppersubjectno=0&sortby=updatedate&orderby=desc

petedavey3.JPG

I don't think so Adam. Just lack of space/hunger for Apogees. I bet the Divas are acting at least slightly passively. It probably isn't good because of the passive aspect.

That said he can swap them round easily.

Last edited:
Justin, in reading your latest posts I noticed the Woo Audio stuff you posted a couple of years ago. Have you listened to them at any of the shows to which you've been?

Justin, in reading your latest posts I noticed the Woo Audio stuff you posted a couple of years ago. Have you listened to them at any of the shows to which you've been?

I'll take a shot at that one. I listened to their high end tube pre and amp for headphones with a pair of Stax electrostatic headphones at RMAF a few years back. Some of the sweetest sound I have heard - ever! If I didn't have room for a full blown system, I could happily live with that setup. Highly recommended.

No. Woo doesn't really exist over here. I had a WA3 for a while that I used as a single input preamp in a 2nd system. It wouldn't drive AKG702s but then I didn't buy it for that purpose, and it wasn't designed for it anyway. It was OK but not stunning as a preamp, but we're right down at the bottom of the range there. I really liked it for the money.

I'd imagine the same applies to the CD & DAC Bernard. Will be just dandy for the money. Are you interested?

I don't think so Adam. Just lack of space/hunger for Apogees. I bet the Divas are acting at least slightly passively. It probably isn't good because of the passive aspect.

That said he can swap them round easily.

Passively and at an infinitely varying phase depending on frequency. Still - would love to hear this :)

I'd imagine the same applies to the CD & DAC Bernard. Will be just dandy for the money. Are you interested?
I'm supposed to put together a system for a friend at some point, and he once asked about Woo, so I was just wondering.

Thanks Justin. The maple aluminum have a similar tonal value that work well together. Last weekend I was in an elevator that had a nice golden brown stain on Anigre veneer that was very rich looking. There happened to be some brushed aluminum in there also and the combination worked well together. My guess is I will probably change my mind a couple of dozen times before I begin construction. I want a finish that will not be obtrusive in the room. Well, as unobtrusive as a 30" wide 73" tall speaker can be at least. That is one of the things I like about the CLSs. The are able to disappear in the room. If you run into any more interesting finishes send them my way.

The Peking Road site is great. I looked through about 30 pages yesterday.

Back