Spark cayin at ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonergan2468

Reaction score
994291483207_0_ALB.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking at the club visit 2007. Was wondering if this pic was taken at martin Logan plant. Interesting to see that they use a Spark Cayin CD player.

I wasn't there, but I believe this was taken at one of the Acoustic Sounds showrooms. Acoustic Sounds sells this cdp. (I remember making a mental note of this as this is the cdp I use myself.)

Heh, what I find more interesting is the SME Model 20/2 turntable on the top shelf! But then I am a black pizza lover! :)

BTW, agreed: I htink this is a photo of the Acoustic Sounds room.

Yes, that photograph is from the Acoustic Sounds showroom when we went to visit them during our National Get Together in 2007. Man what a great day that was! Expensive for me too!

When we did ML the factory tour in 2007 the pre amp was by Sutherland the amp used on the Summits was by Parasound and CDP was on older model Meridian. I hope this helps. They had a few MCintosh amps in the room but non were being used.

Isn't the record player a 20/12? From this angle it looks like it might have the 12-inch arm?

More important, any comments on the sound of that SME? (with a Koetsu, IIRC).

Isn't the record player a 20/12? From this angle it looks like it might have the 12-inch arm?

More important, any comments on the sound of that SME? (with a Koetsu, IIRC).

Looking at the pics on SME's web site, I'm pretty sure it's a 20/2. I heard one, many years ago (at Reading Hifi, in the UK), and was very impressed.

I was there and one of the fortunate members to receive a gracious tour of Acoustic Sounds given by Chad Kassem himself. He played some of albums were recorded at the Crossroads church recording studio that is literally just down the street. The setup in the picture was used to play through a pair of large Avalon speakers (don't recall the model).

The room was also professional built with room acoustics first and foremost in mind to include the wall construction. I've heard a few systems but this one still remains as the best I've ever heard. Everything about the sound was right and what stood out the most was how realistic and dimensional it sounded. The vocals and instruments were where placed they should be regarding width and depth. It was holographic and a joy to listen to no matter what was being played.

I kept wondering how the Summits would have stacked up if they were used instead of the Avalons in this room and backed up by this very synergistic analog system.

Link to the MLOC Acoustic Sounds Tour 2007 with photos -
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=4494

Last edited:
The speakers were probably the Avalon Sentinels. You can read about Acoustic Sounds' showrooms here.

I kept wondering how the Summits would have stacked up if they were used instead of the Avalons in this room and backed up by this very synergistic analog system.

I doub't that they would even come close to the soundstage the Avalons throw, but at fourteen times the Summitts cost they had better be impressive, and I for one was !!

Having spent three days with that system last year, I'm not the least bit unhappy with the CLX's...

But Chad does have a great room!

Back