Look what followed me home...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
Finally - I'm only beginning, but still great fun!! This has more power than I'll ever need for commuting, but it would be nice to get something one day that doesn't need 5,000 RPM to get up a hill.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 178
Welcome to our two wheeled world ! Looks like fun, and more important is the fact that you learn / gain confidence and work your way up !

Enjoy it and ride safe !

Looks like great fun! Congrats.. Probably not many here because we have this obsession with big....and cheaper gas!

To small for us fat Americans! We need bigger bikes with more power! LOL! :ROFL:

Not sure why we don't have those, but classically the smaller bikes don't sell as well as the bigger bikes here. For instance we never got ANY of the 400cc sport bikes here. The smallest we had that were serious were the 600's...

Here are a better pic or two. Very dirty after riding it in a summer storm yesterday!

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 128
At a store today I saw one of those cushions with a clever saying on it:

"You never see a motobike parked outside of a psychiatrist's office".

very nice lookin' bike...

Thanks - although the way petrol prices have come down I don't know whether I/we (wife is learning too) need it any more. 95 cents a litre today! That's probably still really expensive for you guys - I think last time I converted it you were at about 70 cents a litre......?

I paid 75 cents a litre yesterday; that's about 60 cents U.S.

That's about $2.27/gal (US). I saw $1.52/gal here in Austin yesterday, which is great for my 5.7 liter Tundra. :D

By the way, nice bike, Amey01! You can have a lot of fun chasing the big boys around as long as you keep the revs way up.

Last edited:
That's about $2.27/gal (US). I saw $1.52/gal here in Austin yesterday, which is great for my 5.7 liter Tundra. :D

By the way, nice bike, Amey01! You can have a lot of fun chasing the big boys around as long as you keep the revs way up.

SlowGEEZR Wow $1.52 !!! I saw $1.63 at a station by 35/71 and thought that was low... My Sequoia loves these new prices as well.

Amey01... nice ride and looks like fun... although I am thinking of trading out my Katana 750 for a Jet Ski... more particle with the family...

How is the water situation in Australia going? with you riding in the rain and the green lawn... sounds like some relief happened...

Wow, I've never seen the CBF250. I have ridden the old VTR-250 we got in the 'States in the early '90s and found it to be... underwhelming. :) I'd imagine this isn't like that old VTR, though.

It's curious how the Japanese companies treat us. They give us the utterly useless Nighthawk and Rebel 250s, GZ125s, but they don't bring us the mid-level bikes that have enough power. Just 100+ bhp sport bikes. Honda never offered the CBR600F4i with the "banana" seat until it was replaced by the CBR-600RR, and even then they wanted close to $9,000 for it (while Kawasaki sold the ZZR-600, nee '02 ZX-6R, for $7,000). They didn't bring the YZF-600-engined FZ6 here, just the one they ruined with the R6 engine.

Off the top of my head, the only smaller bikes they sell here that are safe for the open road, i.e. will do 80 mph, are the Ninja 500 (last updated in... '96?), the GS-500 (unchanged since '89 other than getting ruined by plastic), and the Ninja 250 (just visually updated but functionally no better than an '88).

SlowGEEZR Wow $1.52 !!! I saw $1.63 at a station by 35/71 and thought that was low... My Sequoia loves these new prices as well.

Amey01... nice ride and looks like fun... although I am thinking of trading out my Katana 750 for a Jet Ski... more particle with the family...

How is the water situation in Australia going? with you riding in the rain and the green lawn... sounds like some relief happened...

It wasn't so long ago we were paying AUD$1.62/litre here in Australia!!

The water situation has been fine where we are (Gold Coast, South-East Queensland). We had some major cyclones/storms at the beginning of the year that raised dam levels over 100%. There has been a lot of rain around over most of the east coast in the last year or so so things aren't as critical as they were, however most of the rain has been coastal - there are still some pretty serious issues inland and in the outback.

Back