System #284 (Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was playing various silly price vintage Martins today - had to take the Gibson in for a new saddle.

Nice "shed" enjoy:)

Cheers Justin! Bet the Martins were good fun. You may notice in this thread a colour change in the Lowden in the "Shed" compared with the one in the main system photo at the beginning? I traded the original pear wood number in for a redwood topped beauty. Much prefer the sounds I get out of it. Good trade in from Guitar Guitar, too. They like Lowdens. I also have a great Fylde.... Almost as addictive as Hi Fi !!!!

The LS 50s create a great sound in this space by the way. despite a slight and inevitable compromise being up against the wall their point source dispersion is fab and visitors are wowed by the acoustic, which benefit from the soundproof glass. The heart of the system is a wee Naim Unitiqute, great wee performer that drives the LS50s very nicely in the space. I once had LS3/5s so the updated heritage is nice too.

Not a patch on my main system tho' .... must update that soon after a wee weekend away up to the highlands!!

Very nice building. The design has a very calming feeling to it. I've looked at the pictures of the building a number of times and just noticed in one the Bonzi type tree has leaves on it and not the other. I guess that go so show how good design is mesmerizing.

Is it heated, or for summer use only?
Underfloor heating to maximise space and keep it visually simple, Bernard.
Makes it usable down to zero. That's mild for you of course!!

Thanks Brad. The tree is a pseudacacia and is a wee joy!
I like its Zen like feel with the garden room!

Back