Aerius amp recommendations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here, really need some help on two issues.
(1) A suitable amp for the Aeriuses. Is 200 @ 4 sufficient, or can they handle more? Please give me your thoughts. I am considering Carver, Parasound, perhaps Krell.

(2) Money aside, longer speaker cables or interconnects? I've got a media center PC with an ASUS Xonar D2X about 15 feet from the speakers and am weighing cable/placement options.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Welcome,

Big difference in what you listed. Carver is low to mid fi. Although decent stuff ( I ran a lot of Carver gear in my younger days a few m-500t , 1.0 C-4000, Tx-11a, DTL200, Amazing speakers) Its not on par with the Logan's. Parasound makes many good amps.IIRC a few here run them. Krell is High end and High priced. I only like certain line of Krell amps. The older FPB series are my favorites. The newer ones sound to analytical for me.

Speaking of Carver , I would look into a Sunfire amp. I ran that too and its a damn fine amp. Especially for the $$. It can handle any load and is smooth as silk. They can be had for under $1k if you shop and they are worth it !

Find yourself a Krell KSA-50, series II and you will be amazed. Probably the most musical sounding amp Krell ever built!

+2 on that.

I used to have KMA-160's...

(2) Money aside, longer speaker cables or interconnects? I've got a media center PC with an ASUS Xonar D2X about 15 feet from the speakers and am weighing cable/placement options.

Welcome!

Opinion is somewhat divided wrt to cables, but most go with longer interconnects and shorter speaker cables. For various reasons, my current situation is the opposite of that, but I will fix this with my next cable upgrade!

Hi Buddy..

What amp is best for my logans? is the single most common question here and there are tons of answers if you look for them. The search feature is your friend. ;)

Welcome to the fray!

Tom.

Krell FPB300 with Aerius

Does anyone have a Krell FPB 300 with the Aeriuses?

Thoughts? Too much power? Some people say this amp doesn't mate well with bright speakers, but I don't consider MLs to be particularly bright.

I use a Krell 200c

Hi. I have been using a Krell 200c amp and sounds great.. but I have a small room and have to keep the Krell -pre-amp volume low. The extra power brings them to life and usable in a small room with low volume. -Bob.

I have a MC275 with it. Love the smoothness of the tube.
I've read that is a classic combo.

I have Golden Tube Audio SE-100 (100 w.) amp and a tube pre-amp.

I suggest looking in the "Member's Systems" area and get an idea of what people are using.

My system is #42, a link is in my signature below.

Go hi-end, mid-fi is okay but treat yourself like a king - no one else will.:D

Hi everyone, I'm new here, really need some help on two issues.
(1) A suitable amp for the Aeriuses. Is 200 @ 4 sufficient, or can they handle more? Please give me your thoughts. I am considering Carver, Parasound, perhaps Krell.

Buddy, have you given any thought about going with an integrated amp? If so, I can recommend the Jolida JD 1000RC. It puts out 100wpc (150 at 1khz) and drives my Aeriuses wonderfully. I also have used my Krell 400xi to power the speakers, but I prefer the Jolida and its wonderful EL34s. See my system for more info. Good luck with whatever you end up buying.

Back