PRESS RELEASE - MartinLogan CLX wins UK Magazine HiFi+ Product of the Year!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
MartinLogan CLX™ Loudspeaker Wins Product of the Year

Lawrence, Kansas , October 24, 2008— MartinLogan is proud to announce their flagship full-range electrostatic loudspeaker, the CLX, has been honored by UK magazine HiFi+ with a 2008 Product of the Year Legacy award.

The HiFi+ Product of the Year Legacy award not only recognizes the excellence of an individual product, but also the reputation and proven record of support by the company behind the product.

“It is ultimately the satisfied voice of our customers and industry peers that thoroughly rewards all who pour heart and mind into Martin Logan’s proud and passionate pursuit of exemplary performance,” said David Allen , MartinLogan Senior Vice President of Design and Product Development.

The CLX full-range electrostatic loudspeaker was introduced this May at the 2008 Munich High End show in Munich , Germany where it unanimously won the award for Best Stereo Performance. It is available in a variety of custom finish options and is priced from $22,000 to $30,000 (US retail) per pair.

About MartinLogan

MartinLogan, one of the most respected names in audio, is located in Lawrence , Kansas , where 80 employees handcraft the company's ultimate loudspeaker products. The speaker systems, incorporating MartinLogan's patented CLS™ (Curvilinear Line Source) high-resolution electrostatic technology and ATF™ (Advanced Thin Film) transducers, range in price from $299 to $30,000 (US Retail). The subwoofer systems range in price from $649 to $3,495 (US Retail).

About HiFi+

HiFi+ is rapidly becoming the most respected English language magazine within the international audio community. With a stance that seeks to understand and explain the products under review, rather than simply dictating which product they think you should buy, it is engendering respect amongst readers and manufacturers alike. System context is important to that process, but so too is the historical context, recognition of which is the motivation behind their creation of the special Legacy award category, recognition of the longevity and serviceability of both a company and the products it produces, guarantee of a long and happy working life for their customers.

This was an official press release from ML corporate that I received this morning, so while it had been reported already, this makes it "official"....

:D

Fair enough...

HiFi+ is a cool rag - fantastic paper quality and great photos. But Hi-Fi News is my favourite. And when they get hold of the CLX, I think we can rest assured they will like it. I hope Ken Kessler gets the review...

Official press release or not - you heard it here first:D

Is my ego getting the better of me? I think so...:)

Last edited:
Only too glad it gets down under, Adam. It is a very good read as well. And they review some very nice gear:)

Turn on, tune in, subscribe!

http://www.hifiplus.com/

Looks like you can get the e-edition with the CLX review in now for $7.95. I have the paper copy and it is definately worth a read. I thought (having heard) the CLX that pretty much all that is said is fair and accurate. Apart from the CLX basic price, which I believe is a misprint - but that won't affect you stateside guys.

Oh - and it is written in REAL English:D

If you like the e-zine, I strongly recommend you try to get at least one paper copy to feel the quality. OK, so it's not cheap - but hey, treat yourself - you know that you deserve it!

Last edited:
I used to get HI Fi at a local bookstore and now its out of business. I have trouble finding it sometimes. Its a good read !

Back