Any interest in a mini event here?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Just curious what you guys would think about having a get together in spring when the weather gets a little better in the Pacific Northwest...

I don't want to steal any thunder from your summer get together, but thought it might be fun. I should have the CLX's well broken in by then and figure out if we are going with one, two or no subs, etc, etc.

If you guys wanted to wrap it around a weekend, maybe get in on Friday
night, do some listening for a few hours on Sat and then go on a brief tour of some of the used record stores in Portland, it might be fun.

I'll get some pics of the room after we clean up and get the CLX's installed.

Let me know what you think....

I'm sure we could get Harvey and maybe even prompt one of the guys from ML to drop by.

Just curious what you guys would think about having a get together in spring when the weather gets a little better in the Pacific Northwest...

I don't want to steal any thunder from your summer get together, but thought it might be fun. I should have the CLX's well broken in by then and figure out if we are going with one, two or no subs, etc, etc.

If you guys wanted to wrap it around a weekend, maybe get in on Friday
night, do some listening for a few hours on Sat and then go on a brief tour of some of the used record stores in Portland, it might be fun.

I'll get some pics of the room after we clean up and get the CLX's installed.

Let me know what you think....

I'm sure we could get Harvey and maybe even prompt one of the guys from ML to drop by.

Instead of Portland, what about having it in Australia!

Seriously though, your idea is great and maybe I'll even come. But I doubt it :(:mad:

Last edited:
I would definitely be interested in that Jeff. I attended Law School at Lewis & Clark in Lake O, and love it out there. I try to get back to Portland to visit every few years and I am due for one. Anybody else interested? Beautiful scenery, great downtown, incredible microbrew scene, and just an hour and a half to Mount Hood. A great place to visit.

Sounds good to me. I've been wanting to show my wife the Pacific Northwest for some time now. I think two to three weeks should be plenty of time for this vacation. Throw out some dates and let's see who else might make the trip.

Pacific Northwest get together

Jeff, Greetings,

It is a long winter in Alaska and the thought of listening to CLX's in the Spring is a great offer. I have been to Portland and it is a nice place to visit.

I would like to put my name in to attend.

Thanks, Larry (Steelhead)

How much advance notice would you guys need?

As we publish in Feb and April, it would probably be beginning of March or beginning of May (May might be better for the weather than March).

That way it's pretty low stress around here, especially with CES long over with.

We can start noodling on this and go from there. I think it would be fun.

Here's where I suggest everyone could stay:

The rooms are reasonable, the beds are comfy and the service is great.
Only about 15 min from my house too...

As we get closer, I could certainly talk to them and see how many rooms we'd need to get a group rate.

I'm in ! Let me know the dates ! Portland has many adult establishments, More so than any other state . (Not that I would know)

Something tells me this would be of interest to C.A.P.

From chowhound.com:

"Sunday brunch at the Country Cat Dinnerhouse & Bar in Portland, Oregon, is a locavore’s dream: bacon cured and smoked on the premises, breads and biscuits baked fresh every day, and produce and eggs sourced from nearby farms. But it was the Bloody Mary that really perked up my morning: a spicy drink with distinct lemon pepper and celery seed flavor, topped with house-cured beef jerky, a house-pickled green bean, and an enormous Cerignola olive. The Country Cat doesn’t churn butter yet, but I’m sure it’s not long off.

Country Cat Dinnerhouse & Bar
7937 SE Stark Street, Portland, Oregon
503-408-1414"

No Chris, it's not a cathouse ! :ROFL:

That sounds very appealing Bernard. If you mix Bacon with booze and jerky it has to be good.

Jeff, I'd be all over it like a sailor on shore leave with $500's in ones at a strip club.:D

I'm planning to head up to Portland sometime in the spring anyway, my daughter is a junior at Pacific U. and it's time I pay her a visit.

Jeff,

I agree that May would probably be better weather-wise. Also, the rhododendrons will be blooming, which is always nice.

the rhododendrons will be blooming, which is always nice.

We call them Mtn. Laurel here in Pa (our State flower)

Jeff sounds like fun ! Mid to late May works best for me, Amtrak #7 out of Chicago through Montana, Glacier Nat'l, wake up the second morning look out my window at Mt Hood as we head into Portland !

Back