Renovating my Sequel 2 panels..Part 2.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crossover specs for the sequel woofer

threw out the old woofers never realized they had a capacitor and inductor on them.
Anyone have the values for each, I can source the parts locally? and put it back together.
Thanks

Sequels

Rob from ER hooked me up with new foil and conductive material.$100 Vs. $1300 for new not even an option. A couple of hours taking my time and they sound good as new.
Replaced the woofers as well and caps just to be sure.

Yes, the postage isn't cheap...but cheaper than new panels. :) I ended up having to replace the mylar film, a tricky process that involves stretching the replacement over a curved jig. One day I'll write a blog here about it. Good luck with yours.

I am reluctant about taking the panels apart, but seeing the condition these are in, I feel I may have no choice but to get them apart and give them a new coating. I also want to try giving them a shower first, even if I can get them working enough to figure out what is wrong with the electronics.

I also fear I may damage the mylar film. Looking at ER Audio, they offer three different thicknesses. On a page on Martin-Logan's site, they explain they use a 12 micron mylar, which is the thickest that ER Audio offers.

Rob from ER hooked me up with new foil and conductive material.$100 Vs. $1300 for new not even an option. A couple of hours taking my time and they sound good as new.
Replaced the woofers as well and caps just to be sure.

What did you use for a woofer replacement?

I have to echo what others asked above. There are some unanswered questions. Such as, do we apply the coating to just near the spars, or coast the whole panel? How do you put the panel back together after you've taken it apart... new adhesive?

I'm not about to dig in until I know more. Having someone redo the panels for me is going to cost $500, and at that price I could sell mine for parts and get a used pair that is completely refurbished.

Latest posts

Back