Sara Bareilles - Little Voice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmooth

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Sara Bareilles
Little Voice
July 17, 2007
Epic
Pop / Soul?

Sara Bareilles is one of my favorite female vocalists after recently breaking on the scene. I consider her equivalent to a female Jack Johnson, and she possesses an amazing voice to go along with pretty solid piano skills. The CD starts out with “Love Song”, a song that was quite popular for a while. The song is enjoyable and sticks with you, but a little “mainstream pop” for me. The next song “Vegas” slows down a bit and is an excellent example her singing/songwriting style. Her voice is very appetizing through all frequencies as she is able to seamlessly blend highs and lows throughout the CD. At song number 4, “One Sweet Love”, the CD really takes off. With organ undertones to start the song, she breaks in with the piano and guitar. This song is probably my favorite from her. Her lyrics seem to have depth and application in contrast to what is offered by most music today. There is a passion in her delivery, she makes you want to see her live, have your favorite drink in hand, and tap your toes. Song number 7, “Between the lines” is also quite a treat. You can really visualize her at the piano, dead center in the soundstage. In addition, the piano actually has width as you locate the notes. From what I hear the album is well recorded and a great match for an ML system. I hope you give this CD a try as I believe it will be worth your while.

Attachments

• sara.jpg
    sara.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
tsmooth,

If you like Sara you will probably like Rachael Yamagata.
I have her Happenstance album. Not bad, if a little on the Pop-side.
There's a hidden track (track 35 or something) that is very intimate, just her and the piano. So quiet you can hear when she presses the pedals and shifts on the bench.

Attachments

• sara-bareilles-rachel-yamagata.jpg
    sara-bareilles-rachel-yamagata.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 146
Back