new power for Summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernard991

Reaction score
I have received my new switching Wyred 4 sound SX500 monos for my new Summits
I formally used Primaluna Sevens ( 70 tube watts )
and more recently Consonance Cyber 800 monos ( 75 watts )
the new amps are substantially more powerful and after them being on for 48 hrs ...the verdict will not be in completely for a few hundred more hours ...I can say now I do like their control of the speakers and rich articulate bass ..however time will tell whether they are keepers or not

I do have the same humm problem on one spkr as David100 ...however the amp needs to be on in order to hear it , it was the same with the other amps , I was hoping to get lucky w/ the new ones ....
I think it is a ground issue as the other guys noted on Davids thread , I will have to work backwards to try to isolate it . It does bug me too and noticeable from the listening position during quiet passages .

bernard

I have received my new switching Wyred 4 sound SX500 monos for my new Summits
I formally used Primaluna Sevens ( 70 tube watts )

Hey, a fellow Canuck!

WHat did you think of your Prologue Sevens driving your Summits? I ask because the Summit is on my new speaker short list, and I'm using the Prologue Sevens.

I liked them Rich ....they are good amps stock I did a few mods to extract every little bit out of them
but when I heard how the Summits were driven so effortlessly by switching amps ...I was into the vortex..
amazing

Thanks for letting me know. It look like I'll be able to hang onto my Prologue Sevens until they eventually get replaced by something bigger. They're my most recent upgrade (I got them last Xmas), so they'll probably be one of the last thing I upgrade this time round (the first being cables and speakers).

Latest posts

Back