Statement e2 vs. CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tifosi

Reaction score
I've never had the pleasure of hearing Statement e2 speakers. I have, however, spent a fair amount of time with CLXs. I find myself wondering how the sound of Statements compare to that of CLXs. Is anyone out there sufficiently familiar with the sound of both speakers to provide a comparison? How do they compare?

I get the impression that most people here have never heard the Statement E2s, and I've never heard either speaker.

All I'm able to say is by reputation of the speakers. From what I've heard, the Statement E2s are considered among the finest speakers ever made, while many people seem somewhat disappointed with the CLXs (which is not to say the CLXs are bad at all... just not as good as people would expect from state of the art $20k Martin Logans).

I've heard the statements. They are by far the best demo that I have heard. Other components were Krell monoblocks, and audiomeca sl-1 turntable. I can't remember what were the cartridge and preamp.

I've heard the statements. They are by far the best demo that I have heard. Other components were Krell monoblocks, and audiomeca sl-1 turntable. I can't remember what were the cartridge and preamp.
Have you also heard the CLXs? If yes, are you able to make any comparison? ...e.g., the Statements are more natural, more holographic, etc.?

:bowdown: I heard the E2 at an invite in Sarasota...sounded like a really big version with better dynamic swings of my CLSZ2 (with bass).

while many people seem somewhat disappointed with the CLXs (which is not to say the CLXs are bad at all... just not as good as people would expect from state of the art $20k Martin Logans).

I am not sure I have met anyone that has been disappointed with the CLX that has listened to it. There have been a couple of issues people mentioned:
- The price is high. But to my ears, and to everyone else's ears who have actually heard, the speaker is amazing. It is for people who have money. It is also for people who already appreciate a very good speaker. A $200 bottle of wine will not be appreciated by a novice.
- People have commented about how ugly the speaker looks. It does not photograph well. It looks much better in person.

As for the Statements, I have not heard them, but people who have heard them told me that one needs a LARGE room to appreciate them. In a ML demo in a small (poorly treated?) room at a CES show in Chicago (a long time), the soundstaging for a string quartet was way off. Take this with a bottle of salt, as I have not experienced it myself.

CLX/statements

I have heard the E2 Statements and CLX and a far as i am concerned there is no comparsion between the two the E2 Statements just disappear and have such a fluid sound they are simply amazing if i didn't have the room (i would build a one) just so i could have them at there best. there would be no hesitation on which one i would want. CLX is good but nothing like the E2 Satements.

I have heard the E2 Statements and CLX and a far as i am concerned there is no comparsion between the two the E2 Statements just disappear and have such a fluid sound they are simply amazing if i didn't have the room (i would build a one) just so i could have them at there best. there would be no hesitation on which one i would want. CLX is good but nothing like the E2 Satements.
That is not surprising. Weren't the Statements built as a cost-no-object exercise, whereas the CLX were built to a price point ($25K for the 25th Anniversary Edition).

I have E2s and have heard the CLX twice and they simply are not comparable. At normal listening levels with just acoustic music it is chalk and cheese. In my honest opinion I think they sound superior (in most respects) to the Monolith and Prodigy (which I'm familiar with) but they are disappointing at its current msrp.

Cheers,
Gerren

Not really a fair comparison($100,000 vs $25,000)

They are two differant monsters.The Statements are considered the finest that Martin Logan can deliver.They are a no cost speaker since the finest equipment is needed to extract the best possible sound.People have stated that it is a waste and disservice to use them with home theater.They should please e-mail Gayle Sanders himself,since his own home was the demo room for the full theater system.If Mr. Sanders credentials are not good enough to convince you,then nobody else ever will.Simply stated,his demo room would without a doubt be my dream system.I have not heard the CLX,but I am sure it is a fine speaker.I have never heard anything even come close to the Statement system.The sound was so pure with unlimited dynamics.

I don' t have the room or likely the $$ to try to do an E2 clone but it or a derivation sounds like a fun project...sorta take my CLSZ2 and cross them to a line array of Seas W18s or 22s and in turn cross those to a subwoofer/s;)

Back