System #264 (Aeon i, Matinee)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zlogan

Reaction score
Name:Sam Loganson
ML Models:
Aeon i Towers (purchased 2008 ebay)
Matinee Center (purchased 2008 Bestbuy)
No Mods

TV 65 inch Sony projection HD1080i (Hope it last forever)
Rear Speakers
Sides L & R Bose 301
Rears L & R Bose 201
Subs 2 Infinity 10 inch Subs
Player: PS3 Blu-ray and SACD player
Directv HD dvr
Panamax M5300EX Power conditioner
2 Pass lab X250.5
Sony STRDA5300ES 7.1 Receiver
I am now a Martin Logan fan for life.

Attachments

• 264_1.jpg
    264_1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,716
  • 264_2.jpg
    264_2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 264_3.jpg
    264_3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,465
Last edited:
Welcome fellow IL ML member. Very nice and clean Aion / PASS set up have.

:welcome: Sam,

Beautiful setup and room. Really dig the framed salt water tank.

Sam, Welcome ! Nice HT set-up you have there, now tell me...... you really don't have those great Pass amps stack atop each other in corner ??

Sam, Welcome ! Nice HT set-up you have there, now tell me...... you really don't have those great Pass amps stack atop each other in corner ??

:rocker:Thank you twich54, The wife won't let me display them proudly. I considered mounting them in from of the fish tank. Not sure if the salt would harm them. Your system is a work of art. I bet you stare at your system for hours.. I do the same thing.

Last edited:

Man I was thinking the same thing. What a visual shame. Also I would be worried about heat dissipation.

Man I was thinking the same thing. What a visual shame. Also I would be worried about heat dissipation.

Thanks for the insult C.A.P. Your taste may be different than mine. Please consider peoples feelings before you put people on blast.

C.A.P. maybe a Vulcan. Forgive him...

Nice system. Glad you posted it. Welcome to the jungle...

Thanks for the insult C.A.P. Your taste may be different than mine. Please consider peoples feelings before you put people on blast.

Sam, I doubt that Chris was giving an insult rather constructive thought, I suspect Nelson Pass would have said the same thing ! unless my calculator is off they represent the biggest investment in your system and even though they aren't biased all the way in Class A, they still need to 'breath' !

Thanks for the explanation Twich, with this ammo the wife has to let me display them. No hard feelings..

Yeah.. those amps are SO beautiful.. that big blue meter is like an eye watching over you! Pass Labs are a great match with Logans.. Good choice and nice system you have there...

I would recommend never stacking anything on an amplifier that generates heat, especially another amp... If you can convince your wife that those bad boys need some breathing room and should be proudly displayed!!

Zlogan even has "logan" in his real name! Click on his link. How cool is that! Welcome.
Torry

Nice HT setup. As pointed out earlier, I would not stack the Pass amps in that fashion as it will for sure shorten the life expectancy for both and they are not cheap! Also as both amps heat up more than normal operating tempenture the performance is degraded which will effect the sound in a negitive way. Not good!

Nice HT setup. As pointed out earlier, I would not stack the Pass amps in that fashion as it will for sure shorten the life expectancy for both and they are not cheap! Also as both amps heat up more than normal operating tempenture the performance is degraded which will effect the sound in a negitive way. Not good!

Thank you for the advice, they are now unstacked, I will post new pics soon. :music:

Back