New Hybrid Electrostatic

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and a pic!

...and a pic!!

Attachments

• ha1500.jpg
    ha1500.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 537
Not too reassuring that every subwoofer and speaker on their product list states "discontinued," except for this new model! :eek:

Not too reassuring that every subwoofer and speaker on their product list states "discontinued," except for this new model! :eek:

My sub has been discontinued for a while now, replaced by subs licenced from Whise to Whatmough Monitors - http://www.whatmough.com.au/

I've heard these, and while good, I don't think they came quite up to the standard of the Whise manufactured ones. Of course, it is very room dependent though!

The specs on the speaker certainly look ineresting though. Especially the adjustable crossover, to as low as 80Hz! Not sure whether it is Whise's 100dB/Octave NTM crossover that is the same as the one in my sub though!

Interesting.

As I understand it, Whise is primarily a developer of technology which they then licence to other manufacturers. They do very little manufacturing themselves.

Case in point, my sub was manufactured by Whise, however they have since sold the technology to Whatmough Monitors (as above). The prices dropped when Whatmough took over production (supposedly because they had better efficency and economies of scale) but so did the quality in my opinion.

"Woofer Amplification
Dual 100W Class AB

Electrostatic Panel Amplification
100W Class AB"

So are these chaps active? Any idea of the cost? Hated how they look initially - then after seeing the 360 decided they weren't too bad. I think the claims they are making are probably a bit excessive... sensitivity beyond 86db per Watt? So Watt?:D

"Woofer Amplification
Dual 100W Class AB

Electrostatic Panel Amplification
100W Class AB"

So are these chaps active? Any idea of the cost? Hated how they look initially - then after seeing the 360 decided they weren't too bad. I think the claims they are making are probably a bit excessive... sensitivity beyond 86db per Watt? So Watt?:D

I don't know as yet - I'm trying to find out more info.

Latest posts

Back