"Scooter Talk"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHHAHAH! This guy got a couple right by random chance, but he really showed himself to be the idiot with his comments.
Buell Lightning. How to take a perfectly wonderful Sportster motor and wrap it inside a train wreck. The whole bike looks like it's sitting in a scrap yard after an 80 mph head on collision with an Amtrak. There are no words to describe the profound repulsive hideousness of this... thing!
"Perfectly wonderful" WHAT? That bike might be ugly, but the engine is the *worst* aspect of it! I rode the XB12S & 12R at Barber, and it was a nice bike to ride, but the engine sucks. That bike supports teh anecdote that ugly goes to the bone! :D
Number 3: Honda V45 Magna.
I get a sneaky suspicion that anyone who vocally agrees with this is getting banned. :D

SV1000? It might not be the best looking bike ever, but it's not in the top 100 of ugly bikes. CB400f? I know people that would gladly skin that guy alive for saying that! I might help hold him down for it... :)

I never did like the KZ1300, or either Rocket 3, though, and that KTM is most assuredly as ugly as a bike can be built. Someone should tell the Austrians that there never was an orange spy.

EDIT: Thought of a couple more bits of evidence that this guy's a clown. No Multistrada listed, or BMW GS (yeah, I know it's a great bike, but it's fugly :p). Chief, though, is the Victory Blurry Vision. Eww.

Last edited:
Hey "Toad" I agree, I think the guy is somewhat 'awol' ! If those ae his 10 worst I wonder what he considers the ten best ??

EDIT: Thought of a couple more bits of evidence that this guy's a clown. No Multistrada listed, or BMW GS (yeah, I know it's a great bike, but it's fugly :p). Chief, though, is the Victory Blurry Vision. Eww.

Ha ha. Yeah, when I had a GS1100 on loan while my bike was being serviced, somebody drove by in a pickup and the passenger yelled out the window that the GS was the ugliest bike he'd ever seen! Then, he yelled, "Buy a Harley!" I promptly made the turn onto the street and quickly passed him and disappeared into the distance. The true beauty of the GS is only learned by riding it.

Hey "Toad" I agree, I think the guy is somewhat 'awol' ! If those ae his 10 worst I wonder what he considers the ten best ??

I think the most beautiful bike I've ever seen was the Ducati 998 Monoposto. Of course, I owned one, so I'm a little biased. :D

Here are a few pics of mine...
28616134_mM8A6-M.jpg

28616121_fxKjs-M.jpg

After a day at the track, I think...
28621837_5Cuq7-M.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet ride Steve !

The article the "Toad" linked us too sounds as if the guy was quite impressed with the mighty "Max" ability to accelerate like nothing else !

My Road Star Warrior

This black beauty is 1700 CC's of high torque machine. I put her in the UPS/United Way Car & Bike show and took home the best in show trophy. I am also building a long pro street from the ground up.

Attachments

• BikeTrophy.jpg
    BikeTrophy.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 117
MD, Sweeeet lookin' Yammie for sure !

I'm not sure if your old enough, but you know the saying......."imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", for your ride reminds me of one of my all time favorite bikes....HD "Sturgis" from the mid-eighties.

On another note....myself, my brother inlaw and four others are taking off Sat morning bright and early for a three day trip along the Northern tier of Pa, on scenic Rte #6. Scooter is allready to go, should end up being about a 7-800 mile journey. It's been many a year since this "lard butt" has put that many miles in.

Should be a fun "Putt" , I'll post a pic or two when I get back.

Oh, I'm Old Enough!

MD, Sweeeet lookin' Yammie for sure !

I'm not sure if your old enough, but you know the saying......."imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", for your ride reminds me of one of my all time favorite bikes....HD "Sturgis" from the mid-eighties.

Please post some pics of your ride.

My bike isn't really suitable for touring, but I have been known to put in 300+ mile days from time to time. I love all bikes -- Harleys, Metric Cruisers, Standards, and Sport -- and have ridden many examples of each. But at the end of the day I would rather spend my time on a good-handling sportbike on a mountain road or racetrack over anything else.

Here's me and my baby:

~VDR

Attachments

• 2008_0429Miscellaneous0015 (Large).JPG
    2008_0429Miscellaneous0015 (Large).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 101
I love that R1! Too bad you're going to have to sell it in two months for an '09. Who could resist the siren call of the cross-plane crankshaft?!?! :D

(Seriously, have you heard it? It's just... yummy.)

Please post some pics of your ride.

Check out post #14 of this thread !

As for my current ride, it's my FLHX, heading out this AM for a little 800 mile "putt", see you guys next week !

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 103
I'm love with this bike. No way I can get it but would love to own it. The Harley Davidson Night Rod.

Attachments

• xl+2007_Harley-Davidson_VRSCDX_Night_Rod_Special_right_front.jpg
    xl+2007_Harley-Davidson_VRSCDX_Night_Rod_Special_right_front.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 98
While not known as a "Crotch Rocket" motorcycle company, Harleys latest acqusition(announced last month, 109 million acquisition) should give it some increased exsposure.

I myself don't know much about MV Agusta, maybe some of the more metric / sportbike riders can chime in.

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/index2.html

I wish I could own an MV....

My favorite in terms of style. Ducati a close 2nd....

I think my two wheel days are over though, no time!!!

Hey, nice R1 there! Got to ride one of those last year,
awesome ride? And none of the headaches of the Italian stuff...

"Old guys can still Ride" !

Well, our six man "posse" returned from the best 'long weekend ride' to date. 940 miles, covered Rte 6 throughtout Northern Pa, looped back through State College( yeah those young co-eds had a chuckle with us 'ole Harley Farts) and back home down the Susquehana Valley and then East from Harrisburg.

Bikes ran great, we all stayed upright and in one piece, weather was perfect !

FWIW, my mileage on my FLHX.......144 miles, 2.77 gallons of petrol , not bad !

Attachments

• IMG_0975.JPG
    IMG_0975.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 76
Back