System #261 ( Rich - M/L "Wannabie" )

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Member Name: Rich
ML Model(s): Bose Acoustimass
Year Purchased: 2001
Mods/Changes: don't need mods.. they're SWEET as-is!!

Associated Electronics:

Power Conditioner: Richard Gray 1200
Speaker Cables: Mit Oracle 2.2
Turntable: Mattel Malibu Barbie direct drive turntable with Sumiko Blackbird Moving Coil cartridge
Tape Deck: Fisher Price "My first recorder" with Pro-logic control and auto azimuth correction system.
Amps: Heathkit PA7 public address mono amps. Built 'em myself back in the day. 15 watts per channel
TV: Philco RS12 19 inch console (circa 1952)

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
Well what can I say? I would love to have Logans someday, but I'm so mezmerized by the sound I currently have with this system that I don't think I will ever have the need for them.

I've been on this site for 2 years. Love being here and hope you'll keep me on as a member even though I own Bose speakers.

Attachments

• system photo.jpg
    system photo.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 3,120
Wow !!! after all these years and posts.........I'm speechless !!!

totally awesome !!

I love Heathkit! Our first two household TVs were built on the dining room table. I'd love to get more of their catalogs. Nice system, Rich, it looks... homely. And as a bonus you don't have to be harsh on the kids for messing with the equipment!

Last edited:
Hey Rich, finally thou posteth thine apparatus list. I thought I was going to have to wait until the afterlife to see such a marvel…

I actually can help you with some mods for those awesome Booze speakers. It involves grain alcohol and some matches. Makes those relatively dull speakers really ‘light up’, if ‘ya know what I mean ;)

Schazammm!!!

Rich,

That is one of the most stunning Super Systems I've ever seen!!! Perfect Synergy. And the presentation... Well done!

Satch

... You have a bright, light filled vacuity as a listening room?

... Who is your interior designer? Can I have their number?

Ok, you did one thing right. You put your speakers on stands.

Now, you need to pull them about 10 feet from the front wall to get the correct soundstage. You're going to have to play with them, um, for a long time to get them set up, um, correctly.

Next, I would drop those crappy Oracle cables and go out and buy some lamp cord, copper is copper.

FP tape decks rule! My entire music collection is on tape and I can't understand why anyone else could like anything different.

I'm completely in awe. :rolleyes:

if you were really cool, your TV console would have the record player and speakers built right into it. now THOSE things are the shit.

This is without a doubt my favorite system on the site. I look at it several times a day actually and have that image as the wallpaper on my computer at work.

I haven't ever seen or heard it in person, but just thinking about it makes me realize what a turd my own system is by comparison. I salivate at the thought of upgrading to a similar setup and have started selling some of my blood in hopes of getting there someday. I've even started selling off all of my music because I know that with a system of this calibre all I'll ever need is a 1200 gram 45RPM pressing of Patricia Barber's "Modern Cool", my Japanese XRCD of Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" and the upcoming SACD of "Donovan's Greatest Hits" to reach sonic nirvana on such a setup.

I wanna be like Rich so bad that I'm even working on a law degree - by correspondence out of a smaller school in the Lower Antilies - just so I can never practice other than to get into some raging debates and pummel newbies here on the site. I just wish the Malibu Barbie turntables weren't such a hard to find audio jewel.

Bose Acoustimass, hey? My sister has those in her lounge. 4 of them. And the matching amp/sub. Actually, they aren't that bad, when you consider how tiny they are! Statement E2 beating for sure, and so cheap, too!

I am VERY jealous.

Oh OK I am not - they suck totally, just like the rest of your system. Sorry, it's the truth. Now if you upgraded to a Dansette, things would be different... you could be like this geezer:

http://www.dansettes.co.uk/

Now HE is TOTALLY wired for sound.

Last edited:
I am impressed! I just realized that Rich is bi-amping his Bose cubes.

But where are those oh-so-valuable room treatments??? JonFo must be tearing his hair out !!!

I am impressed! I just realized that Rich is bi-amping his Bose cubes.

But where are those oh-so-valuable room treatments??? JonFo must be tearing his hair out !!!

That's just it, though. He's running an "infinite baffle" room for his system! That's why it just looks white. ;-)

I was wondering what kind of speaker cables and interconnects you are using? They look solid.

hmm, my calendar must be 8 months late

Hey! I've been Punk'd! :eek: What the f. . .? :confused: I get busy for a week and I come back to this?

Damn. Now I'm too embarrassed to post my real system. It isn't near as nice as this one.

All I can say is: :clap::clap::clap:

Back