Martin Logan Preface

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigred7078

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this forum! I'm an active member over at the Emotiva Lounge. Anyway, I listened to a pair of Martin Logan Preface's the other day that i just loved for the money! I guess this is a brand new product and basically the replacement for the Montage. I wasn't a big fan of the Montage, but this Preface i think is great. Anywho i noticed their was not alot of chatter on this speaker. Any friendly advice? Thoughts on it? It is 4ohm but i have some pretty good amps that will power it nicely. Has anyone heard it?

I was going to try and compare the Preface against the Source and Purity, I wound up taking a gamble and buying some used Vistas.

I can't speak to the Preface, but the ATF speakers I did listen too were almost as good as the ESL panel speakers. For my ears the ESL panels sounded better, so I looked in the used market and found something that matched my wallet.

I was going to try and compare the Preface against the Source and Purity, I wound up taking a gamble and buying some used Vistas.

I can't speak to the Preface, but the ATF speakers I did listen too were almost as good as the ESL panel speakers. For my ears the ESL panels sounded better, so I looked in the used market and found something that matched my wallet.

Thats cool. Vista's are just to far out of my price range. To be honest i work for best buy so i get a pretty good deal on the Preface, Source, and Purity.

I was just wondering if anyone has purchased the Preface yet, or if anyone else has had a chance to give them a good listen so i could have some good impressions. Thanks!

I went to the Magnolia/Best Buy inside of the Mall of America on a date with my wife the other day.

My wife and I did some listening between the Source and the Preface. The Preface definately had a wider dispersion and sounded more open than the Source. Compared to all the other speakers in the room the

Purity was #1,
Source #2 and
Preface #3

All other speakers fell way behind, If I had to do my rear speakers over again, I would have picked up the Preface over the Source for my rears. (maybe)

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and new (as of yesterday) to the Martin-Logan Preface. Obviously mine aren't run in yet, but even now they sound great. While shopping I compared them with some ProAc, Linn, ARCAM Muso/Logo, and some B&W models. For the price there was really no contest, to my ears anyway. The sound was bigger and much sharper than with the similarly priced B&W CM1. For anyone whose budget limit is under $3,000, I'd definitely recommend the Prefaces along with the ARCAM Solo Mini amplifier. (Unlike the Preface, the Mini has lots of expert reviews out there.) That combo has the kind of clarity and depth that cause goosepimples. I'm serious! I'm really overboard for this system. They also look attractive sitting there in the living room. I'm not even in trouble with my wife for splurging on new equipment.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and new (as of yesterday) to the Martin-Logan Preface. Obviously mine aren't run in yet, but even now they sound great. While shopping I compared them with some ProAc, Linn, ARCAM Muso/Logo, and some B&W models. For the price there was really no contest, to my ears anyway. The sound was bigger and much sharper than with the similarly priced B&W CM1. For anyone whose budget limit is under $3,000, I'd definitely recommend the Prefaces along with the ARCAM Solo Mini amplifier. (Unlike the Preface, the Mini has lots of expert reviews out there.) That combo has the kind of clarity and depth that cause goosepimples. I'm serious! I'm really overboard for this system. They also look attractive sitting there in the living room. I'm not even in trouble with my wife for splurging on new equipment.

AWESOME! That's the main purpose of all this, to get those goose bumps. I finally got a goosebump moment yesterday, for the first time in the new house! The speakers are now 5½' from the rear wall, but I got the sound stage that I've been missing. Circles from the Sheffield Drive CD finally went around in circles. :)

Back