Michigan get together III

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Its time for another get together . I have a completely new system consisting of a set of rebuilt CLS with new stands designed by me! A new Krell KPS25sc CD player that was just upgraded by Krell. A new Servo SUB I designed with the manufacture.( It will pressurize the room like nothing I have had hooked up) Some new interconnects and speaker cabling. I think several here would enjoy listening to the magic a CLS and this system can produce.

Bring any music you would like to hear. CD only ! Bring any special interests you may want to. :food12:

I am thinking Aug 9th as a date ! 12:00pm until.??? (its not set in stone but lets see who can or cant make it )

We will have the usual beer and snacks with a BBQ too.

Who all is in ?

1. C.A.P:D

Sorry Chris but the 9th. wont work for me. But I am lokig forward to hearing your system and firther thoughts on the CLX

I have to feed my other Passion: The Great lakes Longbow Invitational

www.michiganlongbow.org

Ok, Kens out for the 9th ! How about the rest of ya? Aug 16 may be an option too!

Count me in for the 9th. The 16th is a definite no-go for me though - I'll be out of town that weekend.

Looking forward to this !

~VDR

So far !

1. CAP
2. Van DaRo
3. CKoffend (phone confirmation)

Keep um coming lets have a good one !

Ken sorry , you cant make the 9th , you and I live so close we can do a day listen and a beer lunch !

Get together..

Chris,

I'm hoping to be able to say yes, but at the moment, both weekends are doubtful. Summer month weekends are tough for me.

Thanks for the invite anyway. Will advise if plans change.

Dan

Its time for another get together . I have a completely new system consisting of a set of rebuilt CLS with new stands designed by me! A new Krell KPS25sc CD player that was just upgraded by Krell. A new Servo SUB I designed with the manufacture.( It will pressurize the room like nothing I have had hooked up) Some new interconnects and speaker cabling. I think several here would enjoy listening to the magic a CLS and this system can produce.

Bring any music you would like to hear. CD only ! Bring any special interests you may want to. :food12:

I am thinking Aug 9th as a date ! 12:00pm until.??? (its not set in stone but lets see who can or cant make it )

We will have the usual beer and snacks with a BBQ too.

Who all is in ?

1. C.A.P:D

Where in Michigan are you guys? I am not sure I can make it on 8/9, but it would be great for the Chicago guys to meet the Michigan guys one day.

Also, I would love to hear the CLS!

Regards,
David

So far we can still run with it !

Lets see if we can firm some of it up.

If the 9th is to busy for most what will work for ya all?

Last edited:
it would be great for the Chicago guys to meet the Michigan guys one day.

Also, I would love to hear the CLS!

Regards,
David

Dave,
I'm hoping to make it to AKFest in Michigan next May, It would be great if we could get the Chicago group up there and spend some time with the Michigan group.

I third this!! Same is true for the Mi group to meet the chicago clan in and around Chicago. I good time will be had by all.

Chris,
I am able to make it this Saturday, but unfortunately only for a short time. I will also return your sub (as much as I don't want to). Saturday the 16th is out due to our vacation time finally being set in stone.

Chicago gang,
I would also be into road tripping for a MI/IL get together.

1. CAP
2. CKoffend
3. VanDa Roe
4.Kruppy

Where is George ?

OK we will run with it the 9th it is. :D:music:

I'm doing some final voicing of the system. I just put the CAST into play ! BIG difference. While I was picking up the CAST cables I decided to audition a pair of Transparent Ultra Speaker cables. The CAST Cable is made by Transparent. On there recommendation they said it will be a better Synergy.(isn't that always the deal ) So far it has its advantages and disadvantages as any speaker cable. Its a $2900 pair and this I can tell you. My Prototypes from MOOK Audio hold their own well.

I am looking forward to a fun day. Grill will be ready. :D:D

Ill PM all of you my Address:rocker:

New ROLL CALL

1. CAP
2. Kruppy
3. Van DA Ro
4. CKoffend
5. CLSIIaSTAT
6. BOB
7. TIM

SOUNDS like we will have some music to listen too. :rocker:

I'm all excited...

I've never heard any Martin Logan speaker driven by Krell amps before... and I used to sell ML back in the mid-nineties, but we weren't a dealer for Krell. So this will certainly be something new for me.

I plan to bring a few CDs and a bunch of questions, CAP. So conversation won't be hard to come by... I can also grab steaks/burgers/brats/whatever to keep this as cost-neutral as possible for ya, dude.

Just let me know...

~VDR

ps. I'm just plugging your addy into the GPS, but thanks for the directions nevertheless. :D

Thanks Van! :rocker: Ill have plenty of chow !

I think many will be surprised at the full Krell system. The FPB300cx was powering my Quests and they sounded great to many at the last get together and I thought they sounded a bit bright. This caused me to re build them . Man I wish everybody could have heard them after wards. They were much smoother and way better in detail. However; a nice man in KANADA ..(lol..) owns them now. At that time I was running the Theta Miles unit directly into the Krell with Analysis IC. The Speaker cabling will be the same However I have a set of Transparent Ultra cables here I have been playing with. The Full Synergy of the Krell Amp and the KPS25sc is amazing to say the least. It single handedly has changed my systems sound. Now with the CAST IC its even better ! I have had the Theta miles directly hooked up with the CLS and the amp. Its was amazing how much difference the Krell made. (Granted it was a big difference at Retail cost) But both were bought on the used market ! The sound of the Krell combo will change some attitudes about the solid state sound of Krell. Its as smooth as silk with a somewhat vinyl sound to it ! Best part is we have a few turntable gurus coming to listen too.

If convenient just bring a specialty brew ! (I love to dabble in micros) I look forward to meeting you . I have some new faces coming. Bring some real detailed familiar recordings as I think a few will be shocked at how good or bad they actually are. This combo will put things exactly where they should be ! We will have a lot to talk about;) . As good as the CLS are ,they are only a 1 person listening affair.(and thats how I like it) The hot seat is the place to be.:rocker:

Last edited:
Thanks again CAP, for an afternoon well-spent. The food and the beers were great, but the highlight of the day was listening to the wicked CLS's. Of course, tomorrow I'll have to fiddle-f**k around with my system to see if I can get some more soundstage depth out of it -- your rig is probably one of the best I've ever heard in this regard.

The complete lack of "solid state etch" was a real treat too. Personally, I like a system that highlights its' resolution upon me, but listening to some of those last few CDs may cause me to rethink this point... I'll never be a tube-junkie, but detailed and smooth sure has a way of drawing you in.

Anyway, I figured that I'd post up some of the pictures that I took. My camera is a complete POS in anything other than well lit situations, so no giving me grief for the graininess of some of the shots !! LOL !!

~VDR

THIS SUB IS HUGE !! VanDaRo at almost 6'3" next to it.

Attachments

• DSCF0014 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0014 (Medium).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 152
CAP and Kruppy leaning on the bar.

Attachments

• DSCF0017 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0017 (Medium).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 154
Gotta full house now !!

Attachments

• DSCF0018 (Medium).jpg