McCain and Obama

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The night Obama won I fell asleep on the couch watching the voting results at around 10:00 PM, and awoke at midnight to the sound of fireworks going off at the nearby street corner. My house is two blocks from the U of M stadium (the Big House) and the neighborhood is predominately but not exclusively students.

From midnight until 2:30 AM that historic evening, the whole city seem alive, I could hear a Marti Gras like celebration in the heart of downtown about a mile away. I tried my best to go back to sleep after the fireworks, but it was useless. I tried putting on the TV, but even the TV had become drowned out by 2:30 AM (local bars stop serving at 2:00 AM). It sounded like a marching band was marching on the city, I could hear the drums, real marching band style drums in the mix of a cheering crowd's merry making.

I put my pants and shoes on and ventured into the night armed with my camera and walked to the source of the noise two blocks away. About 300 people, mostly college students had marched and gathered at the end of Greene street in front of the football stadium's gated entrance. They were just joyfully cheering with shouts from the crowd like "OBAMA ROCKS" standing above the rest of the ruckus.

Three or four unmarked police cars with several officers in each car watched the peaceful celebration quite attentively, but made no efforts to interfere.

Audio/Video:
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x295/kach22i/MISC/?action=view&current=Imgp7152.flv

Obama-Won.jpg

It took me several days to get all of my sleep back, but it was a small price to pay.

Cheers, George/kach22i

For those not familar with Illinois politics, Fishman is 100% correct.

In my lifetime we've had 2 Governors go to jail, one is still in there currently.
Our current Governer was indicted for corruption last week. Just a matter of time before he gets sent down the river.

The President of the Cook County board,(County which Chicago resides in), was given the office by his father, who was the current President, while he was in a coma.:wtf:
And now Cook County has the highest tax rate in the Nation.

Numerous high ranking officals in Chicago government have gone to jail over the last few years. The Mayor next????

My towns mayor was caught charging over $1,500 on the city's credit card at a STRIP CLUB.

I have no faith in any of our so called leaders. They're almost all crooks every last one of them.

Illinois Politics at it's best.
Our Governor was arrested today for among other things trying to sell Obama's vacant Senate Seat.

Only in Illinois
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/blagojevich_corruption_probe

Yeah nice to see he'll join the other 3 convicted Felon Gov's from Il.

Just like that loser Spitzer from NY, you give a scumbag a little power and look what happens, they think they are above the law.

Back