If you had to choose a NON planar speaker, what would it be?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin Logans...

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away... I used to think "M&K's", looked to be a well made speaker... I reseached them and auditioned them several times too. M&K speaker's seemed to be high quality, for a non-planar, cone type speakers.

Cheers

-Robin

My own

Like Mart, I built my own with Seas and Audax drivers and they sounded very nice. It was before buying ML's.
Now let's dream:

If I had the money, I would hesitate between those three masterpieces:
-B&W Nautilus 800
-Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage
-Tannoy Westminster Royal

Anyway, if I really had the money to buy one of these three, I would get a pair of........Prodigy's!

Last edited:
Dunlavy Alethas (formerly Athenas) - a great box speaker, around $6000/pr. It appears that the manufacturer's website is gone, which is a bad sign...

Various reviews are around at Audio Asylum, Absolute Sound, etc.

Von Schweikert
Living Voice
Hyperion

If not My Logan's then ..........................

For me it would be a toss-up between B & W or Totem......make that the B & W 803D. I was actually torn between that speaker and the purchase of my new Vantage. I felt the ML to be a "bettr buy" Hopefully I will be happy in the long run

I'd probably go with one of the Ohm speakers with the Walsh drivers. A friend used to have a pair of Ohm F's, and they sounded VERY good.

Peter

One of the Wilson's or the Sonus Faber Stradivari - neither am I likely to ever afford though :(

Since the Wilson's are so far out of my price range, I can't really pick them unless "dream" speakers count. I have a pair of EV Patrician 700's that my father left me. They weigh in at 300Lbs each and came with a lifetime guarantee. Manufactured back in the 60's and I recently watched a pair go on eBay for over $5000.00. They have a horn, midrange, super tweeter and a 30 inch woofer! They are sitting at his summer home in Florida and I plan on flying down this spring, renting a Uhaul and driving them back. Am thinking that they would make great HT fronts with my Ascent i's in the back. Of course, I am going to have to buy a new house as my condo doesn't have the room for them! :D

Well, within the price range of my Ascent-i, I would go with the Paradigm Studio 100 v.3. I've not heard a bad sounding pair of Paradigms yet.

Price no object, probably a pair of Wilsons. Same comment applies here.

A friend just pickup up their new reference line and WOW they would make my lisy

Sonus Faber all the way, they are more like musical intruments than transducers, they just get me very involved and emotional.

Wilson Watt Puppy/ B&W Natilus 801/JM LABLS GRAND Euthopia/Avantgarde's Trio

Last edited:
Some of you may think I am crazy...but I think that I would be very interested in what Klipsch has to offer.
That horn has a sonic signature that is very unique (much like ESL's) and I dig it!
I wish they made some VERY HIGH END gear.

Dominick

Dominick22 said:
Some of you may think I am crazy...but I think that I would be very interested in what Klipsch has to offer.
That horn has a sonic signature that is very unique (much like ESL's) and I dig it!
I wish they made some VERY HIGH END gear.

Dominick
I am going to Detroit this weekend to visit a Navy buddy of mine. He's got a pair of K-horns and I've never heard them. I will do some extensive listening and let you all know what I think.. I heard Khorns once in a showroom and they blew me away.. of course they're friggin' GI-NORMOUS!

TomDac said:
I heard Khorns once in a showroom and they blew me away.. of course they're friggin' GI-NORMOUS!

Well most of ML's line doesn't exactly fall in the category of tiny, either...:)

Peter

Khorn Loudspeakers...

TomDac said:
I am going to Detroit this weekend to visit a Navy buddy of mine. He's got a pair of K-horns and I've never heard them. I will do some extensive listening and let you all know what I think.. I heard Khorns once in a showroom and they blew me away.. of course they're friggin' GI-NORMOUS!
Tom,

Are these the speakers you are going to check-out at your buddy's place?

http://www.dagogo.com/Klipschorn.html

Latest posts

Back