2009 MLC Get Together in Lawrence, KS

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in another MLC Get Together in Lawrence KS next Summer?

• Yes! Absolutely! I'll be there.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Maybe.. Depends on the dates.

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No. Kansas? Ewwww.

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hey all,

just trying to gauge interest in another MLC Get Together in Lawrence, KS next summer (June 2009)..

Like the 2007 Get Together, we'd hook up with the folks at ML... tour the factory, listen to some music, eat, drink and be merry...

Would you be interested?

Tom.

Last edited:
I'm interested Tom, the trouble is that this far in advance I don't know what my schedule will be like. If business is anything like now (very slow to full stop) I'll have plenty of time..except no $$ for airfare...lol

I'm interested Tom, the trouble is that this far in advance I don't know what my schedule will be like. If business is anything like now (very slow to full stop) I'll have plenty of time..except no $$ for airfare...lol

Yeah. airfare could be $$$$$$ by next summer... I know it's far in advance, but I thought by starting the planning early, maybe more people will be able to make it.

This sounds darn fantastic! I almost clicked "YES, for sure" but I really can't do that just now.

If something does materialise then I'm 90% sure I'll be coming over. I have to. I'm not going to miss a second one.

Yeah. airfare could be $$$$$$ by next summer... I know it's far in advance, but I thought by starting the planning early, maybe more people will be able to make it.

ahhhh........ the romance of the rails beckons !!! Shall we Charter our own train to Lawrence ?? !!

Attachments

• IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Been there done that.
I was really hoping it might be at RMAF again.
Since I probably won't be going this year.
Wife is due October 20th, I would never live that one down if she went into labor while I was out there.

Seeing as the first trip out there was a huge success, a return trip sounds like a good idea.

I hope to listen to the CLX before next summer, but if I don't get the chance, if I could do that while in Lawrence that would be great.

I'm in, hoping airfare is not to brutal next summer.

Count me in, but is there a way we could visit Acoustic Sounds too? I haven't done the logistics, are they far apart?

About an hour and a half each way. We made an afternoon of visiting them at the gathering last year. I dropped some serious coin.

;)

I would be interested in going again.

ML seems to have a lot going on and besides, the vinyl shopping opprtunities were pretty sweeeet :rocker:

Hey all,

just trying to gauge interest in another MLC Get Together in Lawrence, KS next summer (June 2009)..

Like the 2007 Get Together, we'd hook up with the folks at ML... tour the factory, listen to some music, eat, drink and be merry...

Would you be interested?

Tom.

Tom, how concrete is the get together for June? Has there been any thought about having it near the time for the annual Blues Masters at the Crossroads in Salina? This annual concert is held October 17 and 18 in 2009 and would be pretty neat to go to after/before in conjunction with the Martin Logan tour. It also happens to be where Acoustic Sounds is located. Anyone else have anything to say about this? If the annual get together has to be in June, then pardon my idea.

Tom, how concrete is the get together for June? Has there been any thought about having it near the time for the annual Blues Masters at the Crossroads in Salina? This annual concert is held October 17 and 18 in 2009 and would be pretty neat to go to after/before in conjunction with the Martin Logan tour. It also happens to be where Acoustic Sounds is located. Anyone else have anything to say about this?

I like this idea, a bunch of us have already done the tour, I would definatly attend in October.

I like this idea, a bunch of us have already done the tour, I would definatly attend in October.

This is a good idea with regards to taking in M/L and The Blues outing in Salina. We kicked the idea around a bit @ RMAF and while I suspect most folks will have heard / bought (LOL !) the CLX's by then, maybe Logan will something else to drool over ??? !!

Latest posts

Back