Best Amp For Passage In-Walls?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienspawner

Reaction score
I hve 5 Passage speakers and am looking for a great Amp for around 3K. I am looking at a B&K 200.7 or maybe the new marantz MM8000 that comes out this month. will prob get the Marantz vid prcsr. Just wondering if I should go bigger than the 150W rating on the spreakers. Or do I wait and spend more money on smthing better. anyone played withthis setup?thanks :rocker:

I'd love to see photos of your in-wall speakers... Been toying with the idea of doing some ML in-walls for my surrounds...

As far as your amp goes, I'm assuming you have a separate amp for your mains and that this is for 5 channels of surround, right? If so, I'd go for a Pass Labs X5. 125 x 5, but VERY clean, stable and able to drive any kind of speaker. Don't let the 125 w fool you.. This is Nelson Pass we're talkin' about.... :bowdown:

There are two of these on Audiogon right now within your budget of 3K.

My 2nd choice would be to look at Sunfire amps.

Tom.

Last edited:
will do pics

Iam remodeling a home Ijust bought and am making the den into a media/home theatre room. so when that is done I will post some pics. Thanks for the tip.

Hi. I'm wondering what amp solution you ended up with and what would u do differently? I have new in box Passage pair for my kitchen/ dining room planned for new house construction in 2014. In the open space house plan the Great room connects to these rooms and I own the following for HT in the great room. Summit, Stage, Descent I and Fresco I. I'm looking for the Passage to provide kitchen/dining soft dining music. E.g. Jazz,
Thanks in advance for recommendations on Passage Amps and on any install or wiring advice.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back