Summit Issue

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marck

Reaction score
Hi,

I was listening to my Summit's yesterday and I suddenly started hearing a static type of noise coming from one of the speakers.

I stopped the CD and changed to another one - the problem still continued.

Eventually I decided to turn the equipment off and unplug the speaker. Over the next few minutes the static noise got quieter and quieter and eventually stopped - it was like the panel was discharging. After a further 10 minutes I plugged it back in and then restarted my system. For the remainder of the evening it seemed fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what this was? Do I need to do anything to stop this happening again?
Many Thanks
Marc

Sounds like a dusty stat panel. Unplug them overnight and give them a good vacuuming. I vacuum mine every other month.

Sounds like a dusty stat panel. Unplug them overnight and give them a good vacuuming. I vacuum mine every other month.

I will give that a go. I thought it may be that, but wanted to get some feedback before going ahead. I will unplug them tonight.

Thanks
Marc.

I have the Summits and had the same problem.

Vacuum seems to be the preferred soluion but did not work for me.

My dust seemed to be in an area that I could not find or would not break loose. {The idea of damage from too much vacuum was a concern- perhaps not valid but still a concern I had}

My solution? I purchased a small blower {electric leaf blower , ~$25}

This provided a consistent, large volume of air that I could put my hand across to get a feel for what I was about to apply. {Compressed/can air might be used -- but control and pressure points was my concern}

The small blower worked perfect, hit the corners that I think were the culprit & most difficult to vacuum.

I then finished with a final vacuum

With this method, the blower fixed my problem without the vacuum but its a good idea to finish the clean up {I seen some dust moving that I did not know I had or was in an area the vacuum had issues with}

Best Regards

.......Psychoacoustic......

Latest posts

Back