Cheap Turntable Tweak

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
Guys, here's a very inexpensive turntable tweak that reaps some immediate benefit.

If you have a VPI or similar turntable with a stand alone motor, lift and seperate that baby. I had 3 small ceramic cones sitting around, so I put them under the motor assembly. I had noticed that every time I turned my motor on or off I could feel the vibrations in the motor housing. If I can feel them then there has to be some sonic degredation. The cones under the motor have completely removed these vibrations - I mean they are GONE.

Sonic benefit is a deeper, blacker background - the proverbial layer of "grunge" has been removed. This further leads to more detail across the board.

Hey, this is one of those really simple, chep tweaks that is even supported by the laws of physics. Give it a try and see what you think!

I wish I could take credit for this one, but I actually read it in the latest Mapleshade catalog and figured I'd give it a shot. Why are you still reading this - go do it!

Attachments

• TTTweak.jpg
    TTTweak.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back