Some advice needed....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
Hey all! I am was at my local hifi store and they had in a Pioneer Elite 50in monitor that is approx 2 years old (sry I dont know the model number). Its the version where you have the media box that accepts all the video connections. It does have 2 HDMI inputs. I was told it will do 780p but not 1080p. Lightly used in great shape with speakers still in box- they are asking $1250 for it.
I would be using it to replace my Hitachi rear projection box tv that does 1080i (but not 1080p). What do you all think.....should I purchase it or would I be down grading.
Nik

Not sure how good the price is for that model... but I would opt for a 1080P and be done with it.

I have a small budget (approx $1500) and would LOVE a 50in flat screen- I saw the Samsung 61in LED DLP slim projection (650 series) for $1500 on Amazon. I was just want the best (of course) and the Elite was a $6000 TV back in the day- but I really dont want to go smaller than a 47in.
Nik

Back