unplugging your MLs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Ok - maybe this has been gone thru - but, let me know if you hear the same. Whenever I unplug my stats - (for a couple hours for electrical storms etc.. no cleaning ) and then plug them back in - it just seems as if they sound better. They don't seem as 'up front' ... voices seem to go back into the soundstage - and they seem to disappear a bit better. do you all have the same experiences? if so - anyone want to care to guess as to why this might be? thx tim.

I can't say that I share your experiences. But unplugging the Logans if your not going to use them for a few days is a good idea.

-First, it makes for one less thing to forget in the event of bad weather.
-Next it keeps the speakers from gathering dust. Even if the switching power supply is functioning perfectly, they gather less dust when powered down completely.
-Third, I realize that one set of Logans uses very little power to "watch" for the music signal, but every little bit matters when we're trying to be responsible people and conserve.

~VDR

Next it keeps the speakers from gathering dust. Even if the switching power supply is functioning perfectly, they gather less dust when powered down completely.
~VDR

Is this true?

I've always wondered why it is always suggested you unplug before cleaning when the power supply is "supposed" to shut down anyway.

I always unplug before cleaning, but because that's what I'm told to do - not because I understand why!

I'm confused?

To answer your question, no - I've never noticed what you speak of.

I do think they sound better when they've been charging for a longer period though - say after about five minutes listening - but that could be any component in my system, not necessarily the MLs.

I also think that they sound better sooner if they've been plugged in - about five minutes as I said compared to about 20 minutes if they've been unplugged. BUT - as in my post above, I have no idea why!

Back