System #254 (Odyssey, Stage & Ascent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice DTB, what fabric did you use? I went to Jo anne's fabric and picked up their speaker cloth.
Went to G-Street and found some fabric which was able to move/blow air through it - cannot remember the type of fabric. Much cheaper than Guilfords or the speaker fabric they had in stock, and had the same air pass-through abilities.

I built mine with the BAC on top of the wood frame (fabric you do not see stretches across the frame) and the BAC sits on fabric and the frame. This gave me about a 1/2 - 3/4" gap behind the BAC. This slight gap helped with some lower frequencies and also helped in hanging on the walls.

With the BAC on top of the wood instead of inside it, I also get the benefit of absorption along the sides and the front of the panel.

The improvement in sound quality with these reflection point/HF panels was significant as others have reported. Mine were installed on the wall behind my panels and along the wall besides the speakers and at first reflection points.

I used BAC because I did not want to use fiberglass.

Last edited:
It's good to have them a few inches off of the back wall, although only my bass traps are currently following that rule. I need to update my component cabinet picture as the Marantz SA-11S1 is now snugly tucked in. It's a keeper:music:

How do you like the Hero ICs? Any difference over the old cables?

I do like them. I would call them neutral with no stand out, or over emphasis in any of the frequency range. I haven't switched them in a while, so I may put the King Cobras back in just to see how the sonic signature of the Marantz is augmented. That reminds me, I need to show an updated pic of the component cabinet with the SA-11S1 in there!

Back