Hard wiring

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I am adding a couple of filtering/power protection products to my system.

Each will be on its own existing dedicated 20amp ciricut.

I am planing on fabricating my own power cords starting with the filtering products.

My thought is to hard wire the cabling to a junction box in the wall properly connected and secured with either a cold joint/with wire nuts or soldered.

My reason for this is eliminating 2 extra connection points and the obvious cost of extra good quality rectepcals and plugs. The end at the conditioners would have the standard connection that would be removable.

Other than the inconvience of not unpluging the conditioner at the wall, is there something I am not concidering in doing this.

An interesting and creative idea that also happens to be good science! And you can always unplug the p-cords from the devices if they have IEC plugs on them.

I don' theenk so . . . .

Does the electrical code in your area allow this?
Are you kidding!? He'd have to do the work himself or have an unlicensed person do it.

Why not just go for it and put a female IEC plug on the end of each 20A run of RomeX? That's hot! :devil:

I am sure it the electrical code would not allow it done that way. Although here in Fl. some of the cooking equipment in our restaruants is 3 phase and is hard wired. Granted we don't plug anything else into them though.
There will not be anything that is unsafe about my install. No one could get to where the connection is anyway without moving both CLS's and a large cabinet.

There will not be anything that is unsafe about my install. No one could get to where the connection is anyway without moving both CLS's and a large cabinet.
Before you proceed with it make sure you get it blessed by your insurance company.

Latest posts

Back