Bi-amp Motif possible

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zazu250

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and had a question about modifying my Motif for a bi-amp setup. I currently have Vista's for my left and right, a Motif for the center and 2 dynamo's for my subs. I have a Denon AVR-5805 powering everything. The 5805 is 170 watts by 10 channels. I currently have my Vista's bi-amped and I am running a 7.1 setup....which leaves me with 1 unassigned channel. My thought was to use that extra channel on my Motif if there was a way to bi-amp it. Basically I would like to use one channel for the woofers, and the other channel for the ESL pannel and the tweeter. Anyone know if this is possible...and more importantly how to do it? Also, do you think it would be worth it?

Thanks for your help.

The Motif is really a 3-way (tweeter, stat, woofers), and I don't think it would be worth it (if even possible) to bi-amp. I'm also powering my Motif with a receiver (Denon 3808CI), which, IMHO, is more than sufficient for yielding crisp, and clean, sound. If anything, you'd get more bang for your buck by upgrading to a separate amp (something like a 5 channel Sunfire), to accommodate bi-amping the Vistas, with the spare channel for powering the Motif. Then just use the Denon as a pre/pro and to power the rears (and/or a second zone).

Back