Spire Review in Secrets of Home Theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this to replace the Vantage?? If not, then where does it stand in the order??

It's positioned between the Vantage and Summit. Think of it as a mini-Summit, as it has the same stat panel, but only ONE (front-firing) powered woofer.

Nice review...

It was interesting to note that he felt that the speakers can play
quite loud and have great dynamic range. Other than Ken Kessler
and myself, none of the other reviews out there seem to grasp
that the current ML speakers are very dynamic indeed!

Nice review...

It was interesting to note that he felt that the speakers can play
quite loud and have great dynamic range. Other than Ken Kessler
and myself, none of the other reviews out there seem to grasp
that the current ML speakers are very dynamic indeed!

I've noticed this too and never understood it either.

I prefer to think of the Spire as a de-contented Summit rather than a mini Summit. Decontenting is a common practice in the Auto industry when a manufacturer needs to meet a new price point. Perhaps the escalation of price of the Summits has reduced sales and ML is attemptent to recapture the $8-10K market.

Since John liked the Spire so much, some Summit owner needs to invite him over for a comparison!

Last edited:
Got em both here. The short story is that the Summit has more weight and punch, due to the extra woofer, but thanks to the crossover upgrades in the Spire, it is a bit more transparent in the midrange...

The long version will be out in about a month on our website.

Got em both here. The short story is that the Summit has more weight and punch, due to the extra woofer, but thanks to the crossover upgrades in the Spire, it is a bit more transparent in the midrange...

The long version will be out in about a month on our website.

Hey Jeff,

Just wondering if you could give us an updated ETA on your Spire review, especially how it compares with the Summit.

Thanks!

Upon looking at Martin Logan's website, it looks like the Spire is actually replacing the Summit, because the Summit is no longer listed in their Product line menus. Vantage, Spire, CLX--that's it...

What do you "industry insiders" know about this? Why hasn't this been discussed on the forum?

--Richard

Upon looking at Martin Logan's website, it looks like the Spire is actually replacing the Summit, because the Summit is no longer listed in their Product line menus. Vantage, Spire, CLX--that's it...

What do you "industry insiders" know about this? Why hasn't this been discussed on the forum?

--Richard

Rich,
Just do a search I believe it's been discussed on several threads.
Word is there is a Summit X coming out with a new crossover similar to the Spire which came from the design of the CLX. Also I believe it's been discussed about possible spare spacing changes on the panel itself.
There is also a rumored upgrade kit for current Summit owners.

Latest posts

Back