BestOfAudio.com?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remoteportal

Reaction score
Has anyone ever purchased from here before? It seems that they sell ML below MSRP. I thought ML only sold through specialty stores or Amazon.com and didn't discount (kinda like Apple Macs).

For comparison it appears they sell a pair of cherry Vistas for $3,235 (MSRP $4K) and the Dynamo subwoofer for $493 (MSRP $600).

Seems too good to be true.

Pete
Charlotte, NC

Usually if it seems to good to be true it is! They probably are not a authorized dealer and provide NO warranty.

Danger Will Robinson: No ML Warranty?

Buyer beware...

Is there any real danger in NOT having a ML warranty? Don't speakers either work or don't work from the start (and if they don't work you just return them)?

That is, of course, if you don't exercise wisdom (blow them out, etc.).

Pete

Those discounts are not low enough for me to considering buying equipment without the manufacture's warranty. The shipping costs is going to negate any savings. Besides that, shipping is risky business.

It doesn't happen very often but sometimes a faulty one slips through the QC process or it could develop a problem later on. Some things are worth buying through mail-order but speakers, subs and TVs are electronic items I don't mind paying a little more to have the warranty and service you may someday need locally.

The highest risk lies in the fact that..."shipping happens".

Last edited:
You also have to wonder where these guys are getting their stock. Unless I had a lot of references that they are honest and will take care of any problems, I would avoid a dealer like this like the plague. As was stated above, if it seems too good to be true it generally is. You would probably get a better deal and a better product buying used from audiogon (still no warranty, though).

I just wonder how/where this company gets their Martin Logan stuff (if they really have it). I suspect this company has connections with authorized dealers to buy from them (authorized dealers) at slightly above their (authorized dealers) cost. I say this because only authorized dealers can get their products from Martin Logan directly. So, Martin Logan to authorized dealer, then to these guys. Which brings up something I said in another post; there must be some authorized dealers out there who are not abiding with their agreement with Martin Logan. And, ML can't seem to get control of where there products go. So, if you don't buy directly from an authorized dealer......no warranty. This is just speculation on my part, no proof.

Any other explanations of how this company (legally) gets their ML stuff?

Torry

As far as the importance of a warranty, I think it is probably more important in a new speaker than it is in a used one. Although Martin Logan quality control is probably as good as anyones, occasionally they will miss something. My new Vista's had a rattling woofer cone that needed to be replaced.

Better safe than sorry.

Chuck

Back