Panel Cleaning

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Martin

Reaction score
G'day all

I have ML Ascent I speakers. One panel is providing less output than the other. I think the culprit was a parrot (my wife's) which perched on top and crapped on the panel. THis stopped it dead (the speaker, that is). I vacuumed it at the time which made a big difference but it's still not 100%. On another post there's a very helpful paper about washing panels on one of the previous models (Sequels or SL3s I think). Does any member have experience of removing the Ascent style of panel?

Please no smart comments about the parrot!!

regards to all.

David (Sydney Australia)

Dunno. The Birds? It also chewed the rubber bits on the top. ML said their owner had a parrot which did the same. Not happy. It's now an ex-parrot, for other reasons. So any tips please??

Id try showering them but it sounds like you may have shorted a panel. When they get started they are hard to bring back to life. There is a thred on how its done. Its not hard. but you have to wait to power them down and wait till they dry . Its a crap shoot. Then its new panels ! The top rubber can be re done with Neopreen gasket material. Its a dampner for the panel. I would definitely do that if you get them back to life !

Id try showering them but it sounds like you may have shorted a panel. When they get started they are hard to bring back to life. There is a thred on how its done. Its not hard. but you have to wait to power them down and wait till they dry . Its a crap shoot. Then its new panels ! The top rubber can be re done with Neopreen gasket material. Its a dampner for the panel. I would definitely do that if you get them back to life !

Ooh! :D

I'm with CAP on this one... If the panels have been compromised electrically, it may be time for new ones (and the ~100hrs of break in time). The shower cleaning method will only remove accumulated dust and grime. Don't know how it'll work on petrified birdie doo-doo.

~VDR

I'd say...

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CTYV15029lg.jpg

Yeah, I've heard they're actually pretty good with a nice white wine and caper reduction and a side of roasted new potatoes.

He must have been listening to Bird York's "Wicked Little High" :rolleyes: Which, by the way, is an excellent CD!

Oouch - that's gotta hurt. I'd be saying it is time for new panels. Then keep the doors to your listening room CLOSED.......no birds, no kids, no dust! ......haha, but then I'm obsessed!

On another front, great to see another member from Australia! Where in Sydney are you? I was from Hornsby, but have recently moved to Queensland for a better life (and that it is).

Back