Chicago Dinner May 9th

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burke

Reaction score
twich54 (Dave) is visiting Chicago this week and the ML Gang is getting together for good food and good company on Friday evening.

The plan is to gather about 6:00 and sit down to dinner at 7:00. After dinner we will head out for some music.

The restaurant is Rosebud Prime at 1 S Dearborn in the loop. This is the southeast corner of Madison & Dearborn. More information and the menu can be found on their website http://rosebudrestaurants.com/rest10.php

David Matz has suggested the following for music after dinner
After dinner, we can go to the Green Mill or B.l.u.e.s. on Halsted. Carlos Johnson is playing at BLUES.

Born in Chicago, Carlos Johnson is considered one of the preeminent blues guitarists in the world today. For more than 20 years, before becoming the leader of his own band, Carlos was in demand by the greatest names in blues with whom he toured the world (Koko Taylor, Otis Rush, Junior Wells, Son Seals, Valerie Wellington, Carey Bell, Buddy Miles, etc...).

With his slashing and passionate left-handed guitar virtuosity, he has developed one of the most original guitar styles ever to come out of the Windy City. He combines the deep, raw blues sound of the traditional Chicago West-side style with the more contemporary, funky sound. Yet, it is with his bursts of jazz textures and phrasing and his obvious love for country blues sounds, that he has created a style all his own. His personal and powerful vocals, along with his charismatic stage presence and explosive guitar makes Carlos Johnson of the most exciting performers in the blues today.

With his release of, Don’t Mess With The Bluesmen with Billy Branch in September 2004 on P-Vine records, as well as the release of his next solo cd, In And Out, due out on the Mister Kelly’s label in November 2004, Carlos is being recognized as a rising star of the blues and one of the keeper’s of the Chicago blues flame

Please let me know if you are going to attend so that I can make reservations .

--burke

I'm in for the dinner.. not sure for the music afterwards. Will let u know.

Sorry guys I can't make it. I have plans with my wife. It is our 2 year anniversary. Have fun and post some pics.

Sorry I didn't make it Friday.
Work has been a Bitch latley.:devil:
I hate being so Damn responsible.

So how bout some details or pics.

Sorry I didn't make it Friday.
Work has been a Bitch latley.:devil:
I hate being so Damn responsible.

So how bout some details or pics.

No one brought a camera so sorry no pics.

Your presence was missed, as was Joey. The group was Dave (twich54), Burke, David Matz, Dave's father and four railroading buddies. We gathered in about 6:30 and did not leave till 10:00. The food was as good as it looks on the restaurant's web site. The company was even better. Lot's of stories of member's systems and talk of RMAF.

Hopefully Dave will be passing through Chicago again in the not too distant future and maybe this time he can spend a day or too with us.

--burke

Sorry Wayne and Joey that you two wern't there.....good evening for sure !

No pics of the dinner group but here's Walter, Father and myself waiting @ Ft Madison, Ia for our train back to Chgo

Attachments

• IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 120
No offense Twich, You look like a San Fransisco Cop! Heading to a bar with a few retired Cops

No offense Twich, You look like a San Fransisco Cop! Heading to a bar with a few retired Cops

yeah Chris, I suppose your right, cops / railroaders, we do like our beverages !

LMAO I was just going to say that! Them are fists of STEEL from The steel State! Its OK Dave , I have been called worse. Anything from Stone Cold to Fester!

LMAO I was just going to say that! Them are fists of STEEL from The steel State! Its OK Dave , I have been called worse. Anything from Stone Cold to Fester!
This is no doubt when you have them crying, "Uncle !". :D

Sucks that I missed the gathering... I guess that's what happens when you're owned by the hospital... *sigh*...

Anyway, glad you guys had fun and I'm sure Dave will be by again - next time, I hope to get my system up and running and in full force... plus I promised Pops that he can crash at my place if he needs to!

Joey

Back