Comparison - PliniusSA-102 and AES Six Packs Mono Block

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding your question about the specs stating "class A/AB", I posed this question to Gerald Walsh of Cary Audio and got him stumped as well. I'm still waiting for his response on this.Spike

Greater amount of initial bias of class "A" perhaps before configuring into Class "AB" operation ??

I asked him specifically "at what point does the SixPac transition from Class-A to Class-AB" and got him stumped! Still awaiting for the detailed answer from him.

Spike

I asked him specifically "at what point does the SixPac transition from Class-A to Class-AB" and got him stumped! Still awaiting for the detailed answer from him.

Spike

Yes I have requested them to add XLR input with a switch. US$ 250 for that is a Rip-off. I now realized that components whether caps or tubes bought from them is a total rip-off. I now discovered that they meant Pre-driver stage is Class AB and output stage is Class A. I will confirm to you when I receive the circuit diagram which I have ordered paying US$ 35 extra since they do not gave dealers here. I also requested for a Ultralinear/Triode switch (in lieu of Feedback switch) which Gerald said not possible. I heard that Cary V12r has evolved from Six Pacs then how come V12R has the option!! Actually this requires a tap from the Output transformer which changes the bias dynamically (close loop). Gerald also said that the standby option is not required - do you agree?

Last edited:
Back