Audui Electronics Supply's (Cary AudioCompnay)Six Pacs Mono Block

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhijit

Reaction score
Audio Electronics Supply's (part of Cary Audio)Six Pacs Mono Block

Has anyone tried Sixpacs Mononblock with Summit? I am thinking of trying (with full upgrade) since I have a shoe string budget

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Sixpacs Mononblock with Summit? I am thinking of trying (with full upgrade) since I have a shoe string budget

I was eye-ing these amps.... would be interested in any feedback as well.

Do SixPacs in a bi-amp system driving the ReQuests alongside a Classe' CA-300 count as an approximation of the Summits? Albeit a less efficient implementation.

Here are some of my posts with the SixPacs in my system...
  1. Prima Luna vs Six Pacs
  2. Ultralinear or Triode
  3. Here are some info...
Let's start with these posts to give you a general idea. You can also do a search by yours trully (Spike) with keywords "SixPacs" and see lots of posts on this amplifier driving the electrostatic panels.

Joey_V said:
I was eye-ing these amps.... would be interested in any feedback as well.
Joey, I must say that I'm a bit disapointed :eek: You've been perusing these pages for years and have seen my posts on the SixPacs but yet you have not pulled the trigger? Are you working on the antidote or vaccine for J-O-E-Y-I-T-I-S or are you practicing the 12-steps :D

Cheers
Spike

As you all know that I have no facility in Kuwait to audition the Six Pacs amplifier, Can anyone tell me whether there will be a big difference between my current Plinius SA-102 and AES'S Six Pack Tube amplifier (50 Watts). I listen mostly to Jazz. Appreciate for your advice

Do SixPacs in a bi-amp system driving the ReQuests alongside a Classe' CA-300 count as an approximation of the Summits? Albeit a less efficient implementation.

Here are some of my posts with the SixPacs in my system...
  1. Prima Luna vs Six Pacs
  2. Ultralinear or Triode
  3. Here are some info...
Let's start with these posts to give you a general idea. You can also do a search by yours trully (Spike) with keywords "SixPacs" and see lots of posts on this amplifier driving the electrostatic panels.

Joey, I must say that I'm a bit disapointed :eek: You've been perusing these pages for years and have seen my posts on the SixPacs but yet you have not pulled the trigger? Are you working on the antidote or vaccine for J-O-E-Y-I-T-I-S or are you practicing the 12-steps :D

Cheers
Spike

Cheers
Spike

Spike,

It is disappointing... I think it's called - I have to live within my means and not splurge on audio all the time, every time! LOL!

Besides, I'm moving to a new apartment and will have a new listening environment to deal with... perhaps that's an upgrade to the system in it of itself!!

Joey :)

Back