The new CLX is HERE - Exclusive Photos!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ugly! Looks like someone tried to copy the beautiful CLS and forgot something...

Clx

Well as a proud CLS owner they can keep it... I may well be in the minority and I'm sure it sounds great but there is absolutely no grace or style in the design... IMO...

Very interesting. Daring design, I would say. I can't believe I count only 13 members online right now.

It's ugly! Looks like someone tried to copy the beautiful CLS and forgot something...

Come on, now guys. Everybody said the same sorts of stuff about the Summit when it first came out. You gotta imagine it not as a single speaker but as a pair. I think it will frame out nicely with two of them.

Alright CLS owners you can all go back to bed now, Tom, I know you like the looks, for me it looks somewhat like an 'after thought'. yes, it's a prototype, but it looks 'cobbled together' to me

Oh well, in time........lets compare reactions to those initially posted regarding the Summitt !!

My first thought when seeing this photo yesterday was, "It looks like someone got creative with Photoshop"...

BUT.... the more I look at it, the more I like it.

the most important will be, how does it sound?

YUK . Sorry I don't like the looks. Maybe its my traditional way of seeing things . Flat panel reminds me of old technology ! Acustats, Janszen,:(. Although they may sound good ! I think its a bust for looks. Performance they may be awesome. I wasn't crazy about the Summits looks but it does perform.

Cobbled together with parts from left over designs is a good analogy ! Sorry ML. Looks don't cut it for this traditionalist ! I was on the hope that it would be a solid wood suround frame with multi panel design , but not that !

Last edited:
Looks weird.

The flashlight trick will not work when it comes to positioning it, unless of course a pair comes in mirror images.

Is it just me or shoud there not be a left & right version mirroring each other? If this is not the case, would look pretty weird in nice two channel system.
Can't wait to see the psecs, and better yet, hear them.

ML mirrored the CLS's (which is pretty minor), of course they will mirror the CLX.

I agree. No question in my mind that this will be mirrored. That is obviously part of the design aspect of it. I think a pair of them flanking your equipment rack will look pretty cool.

That is a tall panel. Looks like it has about 20 spars. My Summit panel has about 13 spars. Hard to tell if it is vertical or has a slight rearward rake to it.

Back