2008 "Get Together" - RMAF IS IT !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinner gathering @ RMAF this year

• yes count me in !

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • no thanks !

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Ok Folks, Here's the plan.....considering the lack of intrest in putting together a full fledged program we have decided to put together a Dinner Sat nite 10/11 in conjunction with the RMAF in Denver this year.

So, what I need is a response from those that are planning on going and would like to participate in this. Shoot me over a "PM", that way I'll keep a running tally. I will use this thread for the means of keeping all updated on costs and all things tied into the Sat nite activities.

With respect to costs, once finalized, I will require all funds to be in prior to whatever cutoff date the Hotel gives us. Keep in mind I'm only speaking of sat evening activity exspense, you're all responsible for your own lodging, etc.

I will look at both the Marriott and Hyatt to see which one appears to make the most sense.

lets keep this thread focused soley on this and nothing else please, I will report back as I get more info from the Hosting Hotels , etc.

Thanks, and I hope to see as many of you as possible for that weekend !!

Dinner update for 10/11

Here's what I can tell you so far....RMAF has exclusive use of ALL the banquet rooms, etc for both Hotels for the entire weekend.

The Marriott has responded with an offer to host us(up to a max 24 people) in a section of their main dinning room. They are working up a three entrie selelction type of menu, all inclusive soup-to-dessert incl tip. Drinks would an additional. I will have this sometime next week.

While we could look at private accomodations off site I feel it's best to keep it "where the action is" so to speak.

So with a Limit / Cap put on the number of people they can accomodate this will probably end up be a "First come first served" !

With respect to the Hyatt, they have yet to get back to me with any kind of proposal.

I'm in... I'm putting in my request for vacay tonight...

When are people going to start rolling in to RMAF/MEET08? 10/10?

I'm in... I'm putting in my request for vacay tonight...

When are people going to start rolling in to RMAF/MEET08? 10/10?

Joey,

I think my wife and I will arrive on the 10th, do the show Fri and Sat and depart Sun.

Last edited:
This is a great idea. I have never attended RMAF and was hoping to go this year...

there's even a better "excuse" to go.

Guys, perhaps there may be some sort of chance at getting ML to provide a private club audition of the CLX's?!?!
This would be truly awesome.

Ok. I just made reservations for my wife and I for Oct. 10 and 11 at the Marriot. They told me they only had rooms at the normal rates left, so if you're going, better get those reservations made! It looks like ten of us have said we're going - ought to be a good time. :rocker:

Excellent Steve, looking forward to seeing you again.

I propose we get a game plan together for those attending and wanting to do a "Sat Nite dinner" and get some reservations made by Early Sept.

I agree. Having never been to Denver (except the airport) I'm open for dinner anywhere. ...and we need to bug Tim (Mitt), or Lee (Kaboomnash) and check out one of their system's!

Last edited:
I just talked with Sandy (the spouse and boss) and she's fine with a gathering at our place - hours d'ovories and *ocktails and some tuneage. I'd be happy to let you guys listen to the CLS's, although only 1 at a time I'm afraid due to the size of the room. If the weather's still nice enough we could do a campfire on the patio.

I'd also be happy to co-ordinate a dinner at a good resturant here in Denver if I can get a feel for the number of folks and a rough idea of what sort of food folks would like. I know great Mexican, seafood, Italian, Brew Pub type places. Let me know what you guys are interested in.

remind me what RMAF stands for again?

I got a few off the internet.

RMAF Result-based Management Accountability Framework
RMAF Rocky Mountain Aquarium Foundation
RMAF Royal Malaysian Air Force
RMAF Royal Moroccan Air Force
RMAF Rubber Manufacturers' Association of Finland
RMAF Rocky Mountain Association of Fairs

I think since I have been on here, I have never seen you guys spell it out, just use the acronym.

"Rocky Mountian Areola Foundation"......after all nothing wrong with being a 'Breast man' !!

On a serious note.........Rocky Mountian Audio Festival !

I just talked with Sandy (the spouse and boss) and she's fine with a gathering at our place - hours d'ovories and *ocktails and some tuneage. I'd be happy to let you guys listen to the CLS's, although only 1 at a time I'm afraid due to the size of the room. If the weather's still nice enough we could do a campfire on the patio.

I'd also be happy to co-ordinate a dinner at a good resturant here in Denver if I can get a feel for the number of folks and a rough idea of what sort of food folks would like. I know great Mexican, seafood, Italian, Brew Pub type places. Let me know what you guys are interested in.

Thanks Tim! Joyce and I like just about any kind of food except lamb or goat, so any of those choices are fine. You know what's good in Denver, I for one, will trust your judgement. As far as one at a time in the listening room, no problem, we'll just eat some of those horse doovers and BS with our fellow Martin Loganeers when it's not our turn!

How are the roads...?

To anyone who knows...what are the roads like in CO in October? I'm driving and want to take 550 from New Mexico through Durango and stay overnight in Ouray. Then I will go to Montrose and either head East via 50 to IH25 to Denver or go up through Grand Mesa to IH70 to Denver. I'm concerned about snow and ice in the mountains (duh) and if the passes will be open. I know it depends on the weather, but what's it typically like in early October? If those routes are bad, I can always take IH25 all the way, but I am hoping to at least take the Million Dollar highway (550). Thanks.

Steve, I've traveled that route many times. While snow is a possibility above 8000' it's more likely to happen at the various passes 9-10,000+

FWIW, the Aspens will be gone at the higher elevations but still quite spectacular below 8000'.

Are you going to have any time in Durango ? if so i can recommend "Ken & Sue's" for dinner.

Send me a PM with your phone #, and I'll gladly call you with more tidbits of info for the route your going to travel, for it is trully a beautfull drive !

Erik, I believe Tim is working on a couple of "dinning" opportunities in the area. Our head count is low enough that we can put this together a couple of weeks out.

Latest posts

Back