amplifier and ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what are you using with your ML?

• Solid state

Votes: 81 84.4%
  • tubes

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • multichannels

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • less than 100 watts

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • 101 to 200 watts

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • more than 200 watts

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • american amp

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • canadian amp

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • european amp

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • asian amp

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters

daniel

Reaction score
what are you using?

you can have mutiple choice.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see the results.

Guess you could also look at the member systems and just tell us what we are. :)

good idea!!

wow, there's a lot of member. At least not everyone as list there system. me for one!

Done!!!

Last edited:
Solid State and Tubes system...

My goal is to have a Solid State and Tubed system eventually, someday... Tubes for music and Solid State for HT.
I think their should be a catigory for both.
Well, maybe in another poll... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
My goal is to have a Solid State and Tubed system eventually, someday... Tubes for music and Solid State for HT.
I think their should be a catigory for both.
Well, maybe in another poll... :D

Cheers

-Robin

I clicked both when I responded since I coupled the technologies in my system. I hope that doesn't skew the findings. With my pre being tube, I thought it was appropriate. Sorry if I impact the findings in a manner they were not designed to be brought forth. What did I just say? :confused:

Quick Call Poll Police....

MarkNewbie said:
I clicked both when I responded since I coupled the technologies in my system. I hope that doesn't skew the findings. With my pre being tube, I thought it was appropriate. Sorry if I impact the findings in a manner they were not designed to be brought forth. What did I just say? :confused:
Mark,

You have inadvertently confessed to a very serious poll violation, which is punishable by:

1). Slow roasting your ears visa vee a 1992 JP Penny boom box for ten minutes of bad rap music at full volume.

and / or

2). We take you out back and give you 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

No, Mark, you know I'm only kidding... :D The above punishment is too cruel and unusual, even for that Australian women Dan told us about awhile ago, in the 'Off Topic' section... :p

IMHO, I think you did the right thing your awesome system definitely qualifies for both as your electronics are the very best of the tube world as well as the Solid State world... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Robin said:
Mark,

You have inadvertently confessed to a very serious poll violation, which is punishable by:

1). Slow roasting your ears visa vee a 1992 JP Penny boom box for ten minutes of bad rap music at full volume.

and / or

2). We take you out back and give you 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

No, Mark, you know I'm only kidding... :D The above punishment is too cruel and unusual, even for that Australian women Dan told us about awhile ago, in the 'Off Topic' section... :p

IMHO, I think you did the right thing your awesome system definitely qualifies for both as your electronics are the very best of the tube world as well as the Solid State world... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Thank goodness you were only kidding. The absolute harshness of choice number 1) was more than I can ever imagine. I just hope that I don't have any nightmares thinking of it!!! :eek: hehehe...

I hope that you're Christmas was wonderful.

Sorry for the nightmares...

MarkNewbie said:
Thank goodness you were only kidding. The absolute harshness of choice number 1) was more than I can ever imagine. I just hope that I don't have any nightmares thinking of it!!! :eek: hehehe...

I hope that you're Christmas was wonderful.
Mark,

I had a great Christmas, but now I have a nasty cold going into the New Year. I only hope I feel better so I can go out on the town New Years eve... :eek:

I trust you had a fantastic Christmas? Did you get any more new audio toys or a digital camara? :D

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Is that a hint???

Robin said:
Mark,

I had a great Christmas, but now I have a nasty cool going into the New Year. I only hope I feel better so I can go out on the town New Years eve... :eek:

I trust you had a fantastic Christmas? Did you get any more new audio toys or a digital camara? :D

Cheers

-Robin
I do hope you're feeling better by New Years eve. I did not get any more audio toys other than a $50.00 gift card for Best Buy. Will most likely use it to purchase some SACD's or CD's. I will get some pictures up of my system eventually. With the tree being up, I had to move things around so the area my system is in is rather crowded and would not boud well for picture taking at the moment. I actually laughed when I saw you asking if I got a digital camera. :D Funny thing is that I have a very high end digital SLR and photography is one of my hobbies. You'd think that someone like me would have had pictures up by now? I will get them up and I'll do some close ups of my components too.

Can anyone tell me if I voted already?

I don't recall seeing the question of where the amp is from before.

Photos will be great I know...

MarkNewbie said:
I do hope you're feeling better by New Years eve. I did not get any more audio toys other than a $50.00 gift card for Best Buy. Will most likely use it to purchase some SACD's or CD's. I will get some pictures up of my system eventually. With the tree being up, I had to move things around so the area my system is in is rather crowded and would not boud well for picture taking at the moment. I actually laughed when I saw you asking if I got a digital camera. :D Funny thing is that I have a very high end digital SLR and photography is one of my hobbies. You'd think that someone like me would have had pictures up by now? I will get them up and I'll do some close ups of my components too.
Mark,

Thank you for your kind words.
I look foreward to seeing your fantastic system, whenever you can, no rush really... :D

Thanks again, :D

Cheers

-Robin

DTB300 said:
At the bottom of the poll graphic it will tell you if you voted already or not.

Dan
Thanks, but the notice in red does not show up unless you try to vote a second time. I already voted and forgot - my bad.:)

Re-vote....

kach22i said:
Thanks, but the notice in red does not show up unless you try to vote a second time. I already voted and forgot - my bad.:)
kach22i,

As a show of good will, I vote, that you should vote again. Your system is totally unique as well as incredibly awesome, which requires another vote at the very least IHMO... :)

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
you should vote again.
No, only if my system has changed since 04-18-2005 (when I first posted on this thread) - which it may of.

Let me think about this and check my receipts when I get home - my memory is terrible lately.

In the poll column, one must mention the Autralian/New Zealand make also. New Zealand amps are pretty good.

Made in Los Angeles CA, SAE A1001, circa 1982, 500 watts@8ohms continuous...God knows what into 4ohms and below. My Summits don't need that much power but nice to have headroom.

Back