Custom Search

Thread: Hi, finally got my first ML

Default Hi, finally got my first ML

Hi,
    I have always been an audiophile that been on a limited budget. Always been a great fan of Martin Logan. Just never had the budget to make the jump. Finally found a set of Aerius i that I couldn't pass up on. I did some google search and found this site. Great site with a lot of good info. I always been a big fan of tube sound. It matches nicely with the type of music I usually listen to. (Classical, Jazz, Opera, etc.)

My current setup is
    Jolida 302b Integrated
    Aerius i (Replacing the Minipod)
    Nakamichi CD-4
    DIY interconnects & speaker wires.

My next step is to move to a tube Pre-amp/tube amp separate. The current 302b is a little underpower. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get to my dream system. Mcintosh MC2120 with a Mcintosh C2200.

Any recommendation of what I do to improve sound in the mean time with my setup?

Welcome aboard Beef. Glad to hear you finally hooked up with some ML's.
    There is a lot of great information here. If you ask people will give their suggestions.

Enjoy the Aerius i's for a while before jumping to your next upgrade.

I am not familiar with the 302b but Jolida makes some very nice gear. I am sure it sounds good.

Enjoy

Welcome, since your a DIY guy one area that is a very good cost effective improvement / gain is room acoustics. There is some very good dialouge ongoing here on the forum from the like s of Jonfo, DTB300, Rich and others.

FWIW, I too have a 302-B on a secondary system in my home and love that little integrated, I do agree though that it would not like to be pushed to hard with your present set-up.
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

thanks for the warm welcome. I have been reading and will starting to apply some of the DIY and tweaks.