Tom Waits - Mule Variations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Tom Waits - Mule Variations
Year of Release - 1999
Record Label - Epitaph
Genre - Uh, I don't know, how do you categorize Tom Waits' stuff? - story teller?

This is one Tom Waits album that you don't have to be a fan (I unashamedly am) to love. This vinyl album was recorded, mixed and mastered in analog and it sounds it. The sound quality is superb. On one track Charlie Musselwhite's harmonica is playing at least four feet to the outside of my right speaker, while on other songs, sounds emanate from way outside of either speaker. The imaging and depth of field on this album are outstanding, to say nothing about the quality, both lyrical and musical, of the tunes. I don't know of any other song writer who can paint such melancholy or rueful pictures with words and music as Tom, but he in outstanding form on this LP. The real capper is that when the double LP is finished, you are left wanting more, much more. How often can you sat that after listening to an album? My highest recommendation.

261986042_svQfR-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back