System #48 (Ascent, Theater i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GRIN

Alexis Grin
France / Paris

Ascent (purchased in 2002)
Theater I (purchased in 2004)
Krell showcase preamp/processor (purchased in 2004)
Krell 3250 amplifier (3*250 w) (purchased in 2004)

Digital cable – Transparent
Interconnect -Cardas
speaker cable – Audioquest Bedrock

Next step improve my interconnect and speaker cable.

Attachments

• DSCN2182.JPG
    DSCN2182.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • DSCN2184.JPG
    DSCN2184.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 822
Nice System Grin !!!!
Are you going to get the Krell 2250 when you buy the new Summits and make them the mains...? Like that herringbone pattern to your wood floor BTW !

Thank you.
I am not sure to buy the new summit they are to expensive in France. Definitely my next step is the cable. I am going to listen to the summit on a show this week end. I am sure i will be impress.

Nice system Grin :D

What do you use for rear surround speakers and amps?

no it needs to be well placed and my room configuration doesn't allow it.
And i prefer spent all my money for a good front row. i will think about surround in my futur flat.
you also have a nice system.

Very nice setup Grin... :)

On top of that, your flat makes me feel homesick...

Your system gives me an impression on being not fully balanced.
- On one hand, you have no surrounds, a mere TV set and a Denon 2910 as a source.
- On the hand, you have Ascent, Theater i, Krell sytem and high end cable...

What is the main use of your system? If it's audio, I think you could increase its quality by selecting a good CD player. If it's Home Theater, you should investigate on video projeciton, surround system and subwoofer...

But anyhow, I guess you must have very good sound reproduction with the existing setup... :)

Hi pat
Your right.
My system is balanced when I listen music. The distance between the speakers is the same than the distance between each speaker and me.
When I watch a film I put the theater just in front of the amplifier so the system is not fully balanced. But I have no choice due to the chimney.
Most of the time I listen music. And you are right I need a better CD player.
Concerning the Home Theater I can live without surround. Surround needs to be very well placed which is not possible in my room.

GRIN said:
Thank you.
I am not sure to buy the new summit they are to expensive in France.

Right.
You must know that buying US gear's in Europe is not really a bargain.
Just mutiply the US price by 1.5.
Imagine, overhere the ML ascent i cost €6,200 ( against the $4,300 in US )

JM

But what about the currency exchange difference? The dollar has been dropping relative to the Euro for quite a while now so I would think the price would be better, especially for a new speaker like the Summit as opposed to in-Europe stock at the distributor which is already paid for.

The change rate is 0,7762 euro is egal to 1 dollar. Buying ML in Europe and espacially in France is very expensive. This is not normal.
I also buy Krell preamp and amplifier wich are much more expensive here in France than in US.
I am thinking to buy Amrerican Products directly in US in this way i will save money.

GRIN said:
I am thinking to buy Amrerican Products directly in US in this way i will save money.

Just don't forget that the main power in US is 11O volts 60hz against of 22O volts 50 hz overhere.

JM

attyonline said:
The dollar has been dropping relative to the Euro for quite a while now so I would think the price would be better, especially for a new speaker like the Summit as opposed to in-Europe stock at the distributor which is already paid for.

I thought it would be, but the reality is different.
Is the "cheap" dollar only profitable to the margin of the importator ??

Jean-Marie said:
I thought it would be, but the reality is different.
Is the "cheap" dollar only profitable to the margin of the importator ??

I agree the cheap dollar is only profitable to the margin of the importator. The results is that i am not going to buy the Summit.

Latest posts

Back