System #237 (Aerius i and Grotto i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
Member Name: Andy Kerman

ML Models: Aerius i and Grotto i

Year Purchased: 2001 and 2008

Mods/Changes - None

Power Conditioning: APC S15
Center Speaker: Snell LCR7
Rear Speakers: Snell AMC680R (in ceiling)
Receiver: NAD T775
UDP: Denon DVD-3930CI
HTPC: Home built Core2Quad Q6600 system in Zalman HD160 case with HD-DVD and Blueray Multi Drive
Display: Samsung 50" DLP HLS5088W

Cabling: All Straightwire Speaker Cables, Mostly Straightwire Interconnects

Room Size 15' x 20' with a 7'8" ceiling

Comments or Stories: I used to be in the audio/video business many years ago (late 80s through mid 90s) and currently have a Motorola 2-Way Radio Dealership. Recently put together my first 5.1 system using the Aerius is that I've had for a number of years running strictly stereo. They replaced an over 20 year old set of Acoustat 2+2s that would not fit in my new house at the time as the basement ceiling is just less than 8'. Have been very happy with them over the years and at least as good as the 2+2s for sure except for the very low end. Previously always 2 channel system ran a Museatex Amp/Preamp combo ACC/STR55 with the Acoustats and then the Aerius i.

Attachments

• HT_small.jpg
    HT_small.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
Great Looking setup, I hope you have many hours of wonderful listening and viewing experiences with it.

:welcome: to the club (or loony bin as some would call it).

Welcome to an other Norhtern Illinois member. Nice setup!!

System Number Change

Folks, due to a serious cognitive malfunction (brain fart) by one of our forum moderators (me), this system had initially been numbered System #236. Since there was already an existing System #236 you can imagine that this might lead to some confusion. :eek:

That being the case, said dumb moderator (yup, me), has subsequently re-numbered this system to it's proper sequential order as System #237. :D

I wish I could say I was really drunk at the time or something similar, but I was simply not as observant or diligent as I should have been.

Sorry for any confusion, inconvenience or incontinence.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum...

Did you ever try a toe in on your speakers?

They are toe'd in, just can't tell from the picture. I've moved them around quite a bit and found where they are to be the compromise. I say compromise because the room is acoustically terrible with all hard surfaces, a serious bass null in the listening position, and low ceiling. I need to invest in some acoustic treatment as well as the time to really tune the room. It's only been together for about three months, so the system is far from tweaked.

Thanks for the welcomes!!!

Back