$6 million home theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this dude even manages to make me look sane. What a system!

But, and there's always a but around ;) this room has no visible treatments, has a solid hardwood floor, etc. etc. I'd be concerned about acoustics....

i wonder how he moved those big speakers into his house ^^

man, it must be a pain in the ass to have to replace bulbs and clean the room.

hope he has like a dozen air filters in there. cant imagine how it cant get relli dirty relli fast

What a ripoff. That looks just like my system. That's it! I'm suing!

$6 million, and no MLs anywhere. Yep, a ripoff for sure.

Check out the link to the acoustics. Things are not always as they seem.

http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Kipnis_Studio_Standard/Equipment.html

Yep read that, but still maintain the acoustics are not up to the standards of the rest of the system. For starters, highly reflective flooring is an issue, you get an early reflection from mid-bass on up that destroys imaging, just like early reflections from side walls.

I'll buy that the general space is well engineered and that there are no nasty room modes with a space that big with splayed walls and other large-feature engineering. But I think there's room for improvement.
I'd be curious what folks like Ethan have to say about it.

An example of trully well engineered room is the Mike Lavinge room designed by Rives Audio. While spendy, I'm sure it was well under a few mil.

I some is good, then more is better --> and too much is never enough.

It must look and sound good, but for $6m he could buy both a Home and a real Theater, couldn't he:p

...and yeah, looks like no money was left for a couple of carpets or even rugs, eh:eek:

Back