Coleman Hawkins - Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcello

Reaction score
Artist: Coleman Hawkins / Ben Webster
Title: Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster
Year of Release: 1997
Record Label: Verve Records (Master Edition)
Genre: Jazz

Verve Records offers with his Master Edition access to historical Jazz masterpieces from the fifties and sixties. They use the original master tapes and achieve a brilliant sonic quality. The CD includes the LP cover art and liner notes. Ïn that Edition you can find records from all the big ones like Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Duke Ellington, Cannonball Adderley, Dinah Washington, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong…….just name it! (http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/series/?sid=1 )

This piece was recorded October 16, 1957. It is a “burner” for everybody who loves the simplicity of “a few guys going to a studio with their instruments, playing just in front of a stereo mic”. With that kind of material, ML’s are making such a cool job! Every time I listen to it, I just close my eyes and find myself sitting in a Jazz-Club fifty years ago. On this album Oscar Peterson plays the piano. He just died a few weeks ago.

I bought four or five Records out of the Verve Master Edition until know and I can recommend every piece. Robin has put our eyes (ears) on an Ella Fitzgerald album in our forum too.

Marcello

Attachments

• Cover.bmp
    18.6 KB · Views: 140
Back