Impress the Ladies...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Impress the Ladies with ML

Do you guys remember this advert? Martin Logan should also be included as an expensive hobby. :)

Attachments

• Molson.jpg
    Molson.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Ha...ha...LOL!

I guess it's a tit for tat for us that are married or attached. It goes along with audio toys, HT toys, cars etc... Any new toy has to be equally represented by an item that they are interested in.

I had to agree to a european vacation for some car mods and the new speakers :D

I guess I'm lucky in that she makes as much if not more money than me..... :p

What else do you guys/girls (if any) spend you money on? I have a fellow audio geek that has a passion for cigars and another one that loves woodworking tools.

Last edited:
Other areas to spend money

Being attached, I end up spending most of my money on . . . her!

Cheers,

David

DavidG said:
Being attached, I end up spending most of my money on . . . her!

Cheers,

David

Amen for singledom!!! :D

And speaking of impressing ladies, I had a new one over at my apartment the other day, errrr night, and she walked into the HT room, looked at some pictures that were sitting around (had been placed there before I was single so long ago) and walked out without ever having noticed the Logan's. I was like, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! :eek:" Although I'm pretty sure she *&$@ a brick when she realized they were speakers....

Other things to spend money on???

If I had an income, I'd be driving one of the five cars that I would own:
1. a fully restored '69 GTO
2. a fully restored '68 Firebird 400
3. current issue Lightning
4. Bored out, turbo'd, manual 1998+ Cobra
5. new Porsche

If I had an income, I'd have bigger Logans and better gear

If I had an income, I'd be havin a lot more girls over.

Cars, Stereos, and Girls (not necessarily in that order). What else is there? :D

-D

Impressive most impressive...

TomDac said:
My dream car too.. 69 GTO convertible - verdoro green w/hideaway lights, 4 speed and ram air!
Tom,

Your 69 GTO convertible dream is impressive. I was always impressed by the thrill, the rush of all that power under the hood of a really fast car... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Tom,

Your 69 GTO convertible dream is impressive. I was always impressed by the thrill, the rush of all that power under the hood of a really fast car... :D

Cheers

-Robin

There's some Freudian undertones to that post Tom.... Vrrrr, Vrrrrroooom :)

I gave up on that childhood dream car a couple of years ago when I realized that I just don't have the room to keep something like that around and wouldn't want the maintenance isses of something that old as well as the gas guzzling of a big heavy musclecar...

So I thought about it and did some research.. I wanted a high performance convertible that could seat 4 people.

So my dream car became a 2004 BMW M3 Convertible!

333 horsepower from a 3.2 litre inline 6 cylinder normally aspirated engine. Handles like its on rails and gets 18 mpg in the city and 26 on the freeway. Plus it has all the bells and whistles of modern cars.

I'm a happy man! :D

Now if I won the lotto, I'd get a house with multiple car garage and have my 69 GTO too! Oh well.. the dream lives on, just not as realistic.

TomDac said:
I gave up on that childhood dream car a couple of years ago when I realized that I just don't have the room to keep something like that around and wouldn't want the maintenance isses of something that old as well as the gas guzzling of a big heavy musclecar...

So I thought about it and did some research.. I wanted a high performance convertible that could seat 4 people.

So my dream car became a 2004 BMW M3 Convertible!

333 horsepower from a 3.2 litre inline 6 cylinder normally aspirated engine. Handles like its on rails and gets 18 mpg in the city and 26 on the freeway. Plus it has all the bells and whistles of modern cars.

I'm a happy man! :D

Now if I won the lotto, I'd get a house with multiple car garage and have my 69 GTO too! Oh well.. the dream lives on, just not as realistic.

Tom,

69 GTO, 04 M3? We have very similar tastes. :)

Muad'Dib said:
Amen for singledom!!! :D

And speaking of impressing ladies, I had a new one over at my apartment the other day, errrr night, and she walked into the HT room, looked at some pictures that were sitting around (had been placed there before I was single so long ago) and walked out without ever having noticed the Logan's. I was like, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! :eek:" Although I'm pretty sure she *&$@ a brick when she realized they were speakers....

Other things to spend money on???

If I had an income, I'd be driving one of the five cars that I would own:
1. a fully restored '69 GTO
2. a fully restored '68 Firebird 400
3. current issue Lightning
4. Bored out, turbo'd, manual 1998+ Cobra
5. new Porsche

If I had an income, I'd have bigger Logans and better gear

If I had an income, I'd be havin a lot more girls over.

Cars, Stereos, and Girls (not necessarily in that order). What else is there? :D

-D

I had a 68 Firebird Convertible in highschool. Added Doug Nash swaybars, KYB shocks, new rims, low profile rubber. Had a lot of fun in that car. Both parked and rolling! Boy, come to think of it, I have not done four wheel drifts in years! Or, for that matter, had that kind of passion in a parked car.

Shelby GT 500...

My X-father-in-law owned a, candy-apple red, convertable, Shelby GT 500. It was so cool... :p I used to love going for rides with them in the country side. It was very fast. I think it was a 1968, or 69... :rolleyes: I know it had a fiberglass body, which made it worth less, as the metal body Shelby's are more of a collector's item. Just to change the spark plugs, for a tune-up, you had to pull the engine...

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
I'd have to say mine is the 1977 black and gold TA with the 6.6, T-tops. Thats my dream car.

Back