Official notice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! you have a Bryston and you are still using the Carver. I am just a bit surprised since I am under the impression that Bryston will blow any Carver away.

But don't mind me, I am just in that fantasy stage of actually owning a Bryston. My Aeon i's are being driven by a Carver TFM-25, and i just assumed that if I actually obtained a Bryston that the Carver would be history. Then again, I am not familiar with the M1.5T.

I do not hear a lot about Bryston in this group, which surprises me. Please let me know your opinion as I am seriously looking to replace the TFM-25.

Don't worry about the delivery of the ML's. Such creations have a power all their own and will not let mere mortals harm them in any way.

Wow! you have a Bryston and you are still using the Carver. I am just a bit surprised since I am under the impression that Bryston will blow any Carver away.

But don't mind me, I am just in that fantasy stage of actually owning a Bryston. My Aeon i's are being driven by a Carver TFM-25, and i just assumed that if I actually obtained a Bryston that the Carver would be history. Then again, I am not familiar with the M1.5T.

I do not hear a lot about Bryston in this group, which surprises me. Please let me know your opinion as I am seriously looking to replace the TFM-25.

Don't worry about the delivery of the ML's. Such creations have a power all their own and will not let mere mortals harm them in any way.

I don't 100% believe that. Now as I said the Bryston has a bass response that the Carver M1.5t can't touch but that's because of the lack of transformers and capacitors that the Bryston has. The 1.5t has them, just not massive like the 4b. When Bob engineered these amps he went for a sound of a specific competitor like Krell and Mark Levinson and from the reviews I've read he usually achieved it with at least 90% success. Also Keep in mind the TFM amp you have is not quite the same. That is from the Carver Pro line meant as an instrument/musical back up amp and the majority of those were manufactured after Phoenix Gold acquired the Carver Pro name from his ex-wife.

Update

I got a call from the guy in Fla. and DHL won't take them, they are too heavy. So he's sending it Saia Motor Freight for $40 more which is less than if I met him in Pensacola. The big plus is that Saia's terminal is across the street from where I work, so when they come in I can just back up to the dock and let them toss them into the back of my truck! :D

Update
The big plus is that Saia's terminal is across the street from where I work, so when they come in I can just back up to the dock and let them toss them into the back of my truck! :D

I wouldn't recommend "tossing" them into your truck, be gentle...:D

New Update

Well they arrived at the shipping dock this morning and I and one of the other guys in the shop went across the street and got them. I did an initial check by slicing open the boxes and peering in as far as the 3" of bubble wrap they were in. So, not being able to stand it I left early after lunch and went home to unpack them. After three huge Shop-Vacs full of Styrofoam packing noodles and 12 pounds of bubble wrap I had them open. It appears the little gold letters "MARTIN LOGAN" were a casualty on one. It seems they just kind of stick on and they had rubbed off and stuck to the bubble wrap. I didn't attempt to salvage it. The only other problem is a whistling/rattle in one woofer during, eh.. 'realistic listening levels'. So I spoke to Jeff at ML and got instructions on getting the front panels off to diagnose. At the very worst if I have to replace it it's only I think he said $225 plus shipping and if it's that bad I may hit up the seller for a discount. So I'll take the panel off after a while and see if I can figure out where the noise is. It might just be one of those stinkin peanuts that got up under the cover during shipping.

These fill my room a lot better and easier than the M1s did. I could pretty easily make the LEDs on the Bryston flash a little with the M1s, but with the reQuest they havn't budged. I'll try them soon with one of my Carvers that have full meters to see how much power they're eating. I think this was an excellent purchase.

Great News!!! I know you will enjoy them.

Back