View Poll Results: Have you had a late-night listening session

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 96.00%
  • No idea about what you are talking.....

2 4.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you had a late-night listening session?

This is a really old thread....heh...

My sessions don't go to 4am..but usually I listen at night...

For me...
    - less noise at home: kids asleep, no phone calls, cooking, washing, TV, nothing going on..
    - less noise outside: no cars driving, no construction (even miles away), no neighbors yard work, nothing going on.
    - personally: winding down to sleep, so mentally more relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by amey01 View Post
    I HOPE not anywhere near your 'logans!!
    My thoughts as well! Pot has about 5 x's the tar in it's smoke than ciggies, very bad, I have friends smoke outside and change clothes before coming back in the house !! I put dedicated, true grounded wiring in the main listening room before I moved in so I don't have any issues when the A/C is running or the fridge kicks on, and the computers and lights on reostats on on another line as well. Still, late nights with the lights low is the best time of all .
    Cogito Ergo Zoom!
    20 goes into 80, a hellava lot more than 80 goes into 20 ~ The late, great, Sophie Tucker
    Thorens 125 TD MK II /SME 3009 II /Shure V15 special tracking, Teac V8000S, Denon DN 790R cassette, Teac A-3340 RtR decks, Onix CD-2
    Sumo Electra Plus > SAE A1001 > Summits

I listen while I sleep, but I don't really fully utilize the sound system, because I keep it low.

What a timely thread. I just installed a power regenerator and I was thinking to myself that my system now sounds like it usually does late at night.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Which one Steve?
    CLS system here.

walk gently. leave a good impression.

I have had all kinds of sessions late at nite............
    Custom PC > Foobar> Monkeymote >Benchmark Dac/Pre > X/O Various > Bel Canto, Crown> Martin Logan Vista, Magneplanar 1.6, Magneplanar MMG , SVS 20-39 Pair

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
    Which one Steve?
    yes... which one?

I use the PSA PPP and it seems to do a nice job as it "sees" 5% THD on average on the incoming line voltage, and regenerates to appx 0.8%... still though, not sure if it's an artifact of our reptillian brain cores, but things do (most often) just sound better at night... not just audio systems - but most everything (come to think of it).

I installed the PSA PPP. I bought one of the $1k "B" stock units. I can't find a mark on it, so I don't know why it was "B" stock. Question for you guys, do you leave it on all the time? The manual says that doesn't shorten the lifespan of the product and the power draw is minimal.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by slowGEEZR View Post
    I installed the PSA PPP. I bought one of the $1k "B" stock units. I can't find a mark on it, so I don't know why it was "B" stock. Question for you guys, do you leave it on all the time? The manual says that doesn't shorten the lifespan of the product and the power draw is minimal.
    Hi Steve,

No. I don't leave mine on. In fact, I use it as the main on/off switch for my entire system (except for my amps which feed off a diff circuit). The remote controlled "on/off" is handy I find. Let me know if you've tried the cleanwave feature. I tried it a couple of times but things didn't seem any diff to me. Also, have you played with multiwave versus non-multi? Thoughts?

Cheers

Default back to late night listening

I listen to music every day, but late night listening sessions come maybe only twice a month. I very much look forward to them, even planning them. That is why I am chiming in on your forum, which I found after googling "late night listening session". So, the reason I'm here; what do you LISTEN to? I am always looking for something new. There is nothing more relaxing than late night after a few drinks and whatever else to enhance the music, which is usually something mellow. In the past I have found Zero 7, Thievery Corporation,The Watson twins, stereolab, John scolfield, Iron and Wine and many more.
    List your favorites,keep this thread going and make your LNLS better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bcurt View Post
    I listen to music every day, but late night listening sessions come maybe only twice a month. I very much look forward to them, even planning them. That is why I am chiming in on your forum, which I found after googling "late night listening session". So, the reason I'm here; what do you LISTEN to? I am always looking for something new. There is nothing more relaxing than late night after a few drinks and whatever else to enhance the music, which is usually something mellow. In the past I have found Zero 7, Thievery Corporation,The Watson twins, stereolab, John scolfield, Iron and Wine and many more.
    List your favorites,keep this thread going and make your LNLS better. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum bcurt

There are several threads here on recommended music and who's listening to what. Search "Sunday Morning Music" and "What are you listening to right now"... you'll find volumes!