System #47 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cute phono preamp that is. Just been Googling, and they don't make it anymore. Shame as its replacement is rather mundane looking to say the least.

EDIT: confused with Wright Audio. Do Wright Sound have a website?

George Wright died in September of 2009. His website (wright-sound.com) was closed soon after.

Love all your systems. My wife thinks I am mad and I only have two. Just wondering what type of platform you have under the turntable. I have the clearaudio master reference and get some feedback from the sub and want to put something underneath it to try and isolate it better.

The Clearaudio Champion II sits on a VTI rack
The Roksan Radius 5 sits on a marble top breakfront
The Kenwood KD500 sits on a DIY "sand box". You may see the build here: http://wardsweb.org/audio/isolation_table.html

Thank you for answering my question, I will do some more research.
I am seriously impressed with the way the clearaudio table looks with the blue light underneath it.
I just got the Shanling CD T2000 and it has a similar look so I am considering doing a similar thing to my vinyl rig. The pictures of yours make it look really special.
When I finally get mine all back together, I will post some photos. I have various parts back with manufacturers for upgrades. In particular the Graham Phantom is back with Bob Graham for the Supreme upgrade and change in the mount.
It always seems to take forever when stuff is away but hopefully the wait will be worth it in the end!
The Clearaudio Champion II sits on a VTI rack
The Roksan Radius 5 sits on a marble top breakfront
The Kenwood KD500 sits on a DIY "sand box". You may see the build here: http://wardsweb.org/audio/isolation_table.html

Thank you for answering my question, I will do some more research.
I am seriously impressed with the way the clearaudio table looks with the blue light underneath it.
I just got the Shanling CD T2000 and it has a similar look so I am considering doing a similar thing to my vinyl rig. The pictures of yours make it look really special.
When I finally get mine all back together, I will post some photos. I have various parts back with manufacturers for upgrades. In particular the Graham Phantom is back with Bob Graham for the Supreme upgrade and change in the mount.
It always seems to take forever when stuff is away but hopefully the wait will be worth it in the end!

The blue light is from cold cathode blue neon like used in computers. It is stuck to the back of the plinth with BluTac.

Here is an old picture with the Clearaudio on the sandbox.

livingroom020406.jpg

Great! I know how fun your gatherings are. We only had eight of us at our monthly "North of Austin" audio meet on Friday. This time it was at Mike's (sebrof) home. He had two different rooms set up and we did some speaker swaps. Of course, we had more than eight choices of scotch to choose from!

Going a bit old school, as I'm on a tape kick lately. Here is a Tascam BR-20 with some The Tape Project music. All I can say is WOW.

TascamBR20.jpg

Last edited:
nice. very VERY nice. i have about 6 or 7 r2r and the BR20 is one of the few that i still really covet (and don't have :)

Wow another year and a half fly by. I have added a second turntable (Maplenoll), added the Lounge phono pre, replaced the pre with a Sonic Euphoria, replaced the dac with a Auralic Aries Mini and built a new stand.

living_room.jpg

Last edited:
Back