Thread: System #230 (Vista, Fresco, Depth)

Default System #230 (Montis, Stage X, Depth i, Vanquish)

1. Member Name: Mobs

2. Location: South Florida

3. ML Model(s): Montis, Stage X, Dual Depth i's, Vanquish Surrounds

4. Year Purchased: 2008-2014

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Marantz AV7702, Oppo BDP-103 Blu Ray, HTPC, Mac Mini, DirecTV Hr44, Xbox One, PS4, Panasonic 65VT50 65" Plasma, 3 Moon Simaudio 400M (front three), 1 Moon Simaudio 330A (surround) amps.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I am the fortunate new owner of these Vistas and this Depth as all three were purchased from this wonderful site's classified forum just two days ago. I picked up the Fresco as it was on close out at Sound Advice and got a wonderful deal on it as well. It will be my temporary center (though it is performing quite well I must say). The goal is to get the plasma on the wall and then replace the Fresco with a Stage.

I was not looking for another sub, but I just could not pass up on the offer and am finding that as of right now, the Depth and the Velodyne are pairing well with each other. The depth gives a tight punch, then the Velodyne rumbles.

I currently have the Denon 4308 Bi-Amping the Vistas. There is little doubt that I will be investing in some amps in the very near future, but I will most likely continue to use the 4308 as the pre.

JBL S38's are my surrounds (from prior set up) and they even seem happier now.

I am still playing and learning. Music is wonderful as expected, but after watching a movie last night, it is my opinion that these speakers are quite versatile. More so than I have heard many claim.

It has been a dream of mine to own ML's since I had my first listen approx 15 years ago and am humbled to own my FIRST pair. I had been holding on to my JBL S312's for ages waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on some ML's. Special thanks to the Mrs. for giving me the green light.

She had seen them before as I had shown them to her many times. Even with that, she was a little put off to these sexy designed ML's at first as seeing them in a showroom/advertisement and in your family room can give a different impression. I explained to her that as she listens to them, they will become even more attractive and she will love them.

Well, all it took was one concert on Blu Ray of her fello Colombiano Shakira. I put it on for her, gave her the remote and told her not to be shy about turning it up. Many db's and about 1 hour later, she looked at me, smiled and said "I love them".

I do not consider myself and audiophile by any means, and I am humbled by the beauty, treatments and sophisticated electronics that many other owners have displayed here on this forum.

Well, here is a photo of mine. More to follow as I make changes.

Later
    Last edited by Mobs; 02-11-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: update equipment

Mobs, Welcome to the "Funny Farm" ! Nice looking sytem for sure !
    Now if the wife , or significant other dosen't mind, try bringing your Vista's out another foot or so. I think you will like what you hear, let us know !
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

That system looks GREAT! Love the clean lines! Bet it sounds great too! Welcome to the group...
    James Morrison
    Martin Logan Prodigy, Theater, Ascent, Script, Descent
    Rotel RSP-1098; Rotel RMB-1095, RB-1090, RB-1050
    Rega P2 w/ RB300 and Exact, Richard Gray Power Co. - Substation, Pole Pig, 400 Pro, 400 Mk II, 400
    http://www.martinloganowners.com/~td...ead.php?t=3175

Clean, very nice system!!

Welcome aboard!!
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Fantastic clean system! I like it and how you integrated everything into one well-appearing front line.
    Joey "kid with grey hair" V
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 2: Rotel RA1592 Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

I just wanted to update my system to its current status. Many changes since my Vistas in 2008.

Name:  IMG_0120.jpg
Views: 4104
Size:  52.0 KBName:  IMG_0122.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  30.0 KBName:  IMG_0121.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  55.6 KB

Default Expression 13A upgrade

Out with the old, in with the new

Name:  20180104_174828_001.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  47.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mobs View Post
    Out with the old, in with the new

Name:  20180104_174828_001.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  47.5 KB
    Nice looking System ! When you get a chance upgrade from the Stage x to the new Focus. It’s a real nice upgrade
    Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC / 2-212's / Bricasti M12/28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost: O2 Loom / V2 Pwr Spk & Subs, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Grd, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: 13A's Balsalt Blk /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound 3-A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost V2/T2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq SM / SBooster / Sony 4K Blu-ray